Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So it begins

SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,810
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
So if those in power don't like your political affiliations you don't get to own any firearms even if you have never committed a crime and passed a background check to obtain a CCW.

I don't condone this persons politics but this is exactly why the left wants this stuff.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/19/us/kaleb-james-cole-guns-seized/index.html

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    How about not be a part of hate groups and terrorist groups. And you get to keep your guns. Got it pooky?

The petition also referenced his lifetime ban from Canada as a result of his membership in "an organization that may engage in terrorism."
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,810
    2001400ex said:

How about not be a part of hate groups and terrorist groups. And you get to keep your guns. Got it pooky?

The petition also referenced his lifetime ban from Canada as a result of his membership in "an organization that may engage in terrorism."

See there is the commie. They pop right out. Thought police.

He's committed no crimes and he's made no threats. That Canada considers this group terrorists is another issue. Iran wants all of us dead so if say say you're a terrorist group member the USA should take your guns? If N. Korea says o? Just who is the arbiter of our constitutional rights here comrade?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    2001400ex said:

Who gets to decide that, Hondo?

To the extreme progressive, Evangelical Christians are a hate group because of their beliefs - religious and political. Are they banned because Josephine Stalinista decides they are ‘hateful’?

• Options

2001400ex said:

To the extreme progressive, Evangelical Christians are a hate group because of their beliefs - religious and political. Are they banned because Josephine Stalinista decides they are ‘hateful’?

Who actually thinks Evangelical Christians are a hate group? Hyperbole much?
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    D

2001400ex said:

Are you really that unfamiliar with how matters of law are decided in this country?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,925
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Support antifa? No guns? That takes out most of the MSM and Tug leftards.
  • Options

We'll put you on the list of supporting taking away guns based on politics.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Do you really lack this much self awareness?
    So are you saying there are only hate groups on the right then? That's a bold statement but understandable given the source.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So are you saying there are only hate groups on the right then? That's a bold statement but understandable given the source.
    WTF are you talking about? I’m saying you don’t get to infringe on someone’s Constitutional rights based on their thoughts or beliefs. As unappetizing as it is, you need to wait for them to commit a crime, that legally justifies curtailing their rights.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

WTF are you talking about? I’m saying you don’t get to infringe on someone’s Constitutional rights based on their thoughts or beliefs. As unappetizing as it is, you need to wait for them to commit a crime, that legally justifies curtailing their rights.
    So if there are obvious signs someone is dangerous. We should wait until they shoot up a bunch of people? I'm not for taking away anyone's guns. But if you are a part of a known terrorist group, that's another matter. Would you feel the same if this person was Muslim and a known affiliate to Al queda?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So if there are obvious signs someone is dangerous. We should wait until they shoot up a bunch of people? I'm not for taking away anyone's guns. But if you are a part of a known terrorist group, that's another matter. Would you feel the same if this person was Muslim and a known affiliate to Al queda?
    There are obvious signs you’re dangerous. I think we need to start by taking away your 1st ands 15th amendment rights. They 1st because you say stupid shit. The 15th because you’re too stupid to vote. We all got together and decided you having those rights poses a threat to society. So we are taking them.
    The best part is you think this is clever. Little man.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

There are obvious signs you’re dangerous. I think we need to start by taking away your 1st ands 15th amendment rights. They 1st because you say stupid shit. The 15th because you’re too stupid to vote. We all got together and decided you having those rights poses a threat to society. So we are taking them.
    The best part is you think this is clever. Little man.
    No the best part is you don’t get it. At all.
    I'll put you on the side of right wing hate groups.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

If you’re part of a known terrorist group there are legal processes already in place. You’re using a Reductio ad absurdum argument.

Yes, I believe all people are entitled to their human rights. And all legal citizens are entitled to their civil rights, until such time that they are legally removed. If you are a member of a Nazi group, an Antifa group, a hate group of any political stripe BUT have not committed a crime, then you are allowed to keep your rights, which includes guns.
    So you are saying. If I post all over Facebook that I'm going to shoot up a school. Which is in my first amendment rights. That I should keep my guns until I shoot up a school?

What if I call the police and tell them I'm going to be shooting up a school. Should they follow me to the school and not do anything until I open fire?
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

If you’re part of a known terrorist group there are legal processes already in place. You’re using a Reductio ad absurdum argument.

Yes, I believe all people are entitled to their human rights. And all legal citizens are entitled to their civil rights, until such time that they are legally removed. If you are a member of a Nazi group, an Antifa group, a hate group of any political stripe BUT have not committed a crime, then you are allowed to keep your rights, which includes guns.
    So you are saying. If I post all over Facebook that I'm going to shoot up a school. Which is in my first amendment rights. That I should keep my guns until I shoot up a school?

What if I call the police and tell them I'm going to be shooting up a school. Should they follow me to the school and not do anything until I open fire?
    True Threat statements aren’t protected by the First Amendment, so your scenarios are invalid. There’s no need for a Red Flag law to cover something that’s already illegal. Unless the intent of the Red Flag laws is actually gun confiscation, outside of Constitutional protections.