Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Season Is Over (Soup Reflections)

Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
edited October 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Soooooo...I didn’t catch the game yesterday. Did we pull off the upset against the Bizzard of Awe?

FUCK. No, I was at that game. Had an entire row of Quooks screaming in my ear the entire tim. It took every ounce of self discipline not to throw one of them off the railing into the Off Leash Area below...and if we’re being honest, if it wasn’t for a stadium full of witnesses I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE DONE IT!

While my doog had died after the Stanford game, it had somehow reanimated into ZOMBIE!_Doog for about 3/4 of that game. I legitimately thought we? were somehow going to Forrest Gump our? way into a win.

Oh, sweet, hopeful-to-a-fault de_Jour.

As my friend and I left the stadium, and we were walking across campus, he turned to me and remarked, “you’re quiet.”

I gave a rueful smirk and said, “you know, I’m glad that happened in a way. Now I don’t have to worry about getting time off for a bowl game and I can use the money to go on vacation elsewhere. I’m thinking Hawaii. No internet there.”

He looked puzzled over the lack of internet access comment, but then replied, “that’s a very Coug-esque comment from you de_Jour.”

“Well, we? Couged it, so, appropriate.”

So, while it’s been a longer journey to get here than for some of you, I’ve officially conceded that TSIO. Between the Adidas fuckery, the utter lack by the coaching staff to make needed personnel changes, losing to Cal (AGAIN), I think getting another defeat handed to us by Oregon seems like a fitting end.

And on a personal note, yesterday was one of the weirdest days I’ve had in awhile. My team lost, my nephew was born, I made some new friends, and got some much needed clarity on a few things (no perspective beach walk needed!). My biggest takeaway was it’s tim to focus on other things. This is not to say I’m going to STOp poasting here, quit cheering for my DWAGS or anything like that, but I’m not going to keep pouring so much of my attention into something that isn’t all in...and anyone with eyes as good as mine (apologies to @GrandpaSankey) could see on the UW sideline yesterday, this is a team that isn’t giving it their all.

Now my doog is truly dead.

XOXO,
DDJ

Comments