Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rinse. Repeat. Next Year's Weaknesses...

Here's my crystal ball.

We? open against Michigan. Season will be over after game 1. What will be the narrative? O-line play is down due to having to rebuild. Losing Trey, Nick, and Jared. Eason comes back but due to big changes in the O-line, he gets pressured repeatedly and we? will also have difficulty running the ball. We'll? finally have our young, athletic WR core but unfortunately, Eason won't have the time to find them.

Defensively, we? will likely be improved by better LB play, a secondary that is deep and experienced, and a similar pedestrian d-line.

But the offense won't be on the field long and the D will tire giving up drives late which will result in losses.

The fix? I don't see one. O-line is going to kill us next year. If somehow it isn't a weakness and eason comes back, 2020 could be special.

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    I think our one chance at having a big rebound year next year depends on if Dylan Morris turns out to be really good.

I think he's going to win the qb job. He looked better than Sirmon in practice and didnt quit the team for a day. The guys taking over on o line will be 3rd and 4th year players and frankly, Trey Adams has been a shell of his former self. Receivers should be better. RB should be fine. Otton will be back. So it really depends on the qb.

I'm way more worried about defense. Some were young this year but the have looked undisciplined as hell and coverage has been puss-tastic
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Dick Baird will have another season to talk about youth and depth. It takes time!

Oh yeah, and they are just kids.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    At least our? Backups get lots of reps during garbage time so they will be ready to go
  • MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    2022 is going to be special!
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited October 2019
    Actually I think Eason and Bryant come back. Eason has a chance to go very high in the draft but is he ready for NFL drama? Seems like he likes college life? Take all the screen shots you need. Not like his family can’t buy insurance on him. Bryant, he’s not even the best tight end on the roster. Molden will be back.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,810 Founders Club
    If we can lock up Murao I think he starts at center. Hilbers should be replaced by Bain, assuming he can keep his nose clean. That is a talent and size upgrade. Trey isn't sophomore Trey. He is still good but his replacement will hopefully be a push just due to being a fully healthy player. The running game with Savon (maybe), McGrew, Dick and Davis is another year older and experienced. Thats an upgrade. The receiving core is a height and talent upgrade. Bynum, Puka, Spiker and McMillan (please god) should give our QBs a mismatch against most Pac 12 teams and physically at least a chance of getting off the line against upper tier teams. The tight end group with Otton, Westover and a healthy Kizer would be a push unless Bryant comes back then its an upgrade. If Eason comes back he should have an offense that is superior (receivers, RB) or at least as good (line, TE) as he had this year. Eason would also have the advantage of another year of development. I feel like he keeps getting better. He's not perfect against legit competition but the difference between the Cal, Stanford Eason and USC, Oregon Eason is promising. That said the offense will probably be exactly the same because it's Petes shitty offense and that offense never changes. FYFMFE
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam
    The coaching staff will find ways of losing 2-3 games when we're double-digit favorites
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    I'm not willing to talk about next year. The kids need our support the rest of the way this year!
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    It won’t be pretty next year.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Actually I think Eason and Bryant come back. Eason has a chance to go very high in the draft but is he ready for NFL drama? Seems like he likes college life? Take all the screen shots you need. Not like his family can’t buy insurance on him. Bryant, he’s not even the best tight end on the roster. Molden will be back.

Eason has a girlfriend in South Carolina and has long abandoned his coke habit. We have nothing for him. He's gone.