Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For Those Bitching The Defense Lost The Game

2»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter

In the fourth quarter, the Huskies scored zero points in three offensive drives. They went three-and-out twice. They rushed for 5 yards and 0.6 yards per carry. Eason completed 4 of 6 passes for 47 yards, and spun backward into a 12-yard sack. They managed 52 total yards on 14 plays and went 1 for 4 on third dow

You gave a very good Oregon team with a good offense too many chances to exploit your defense and your weaknesses, and they did it.

The defense has a glaring weakness. Do your fucking job on offense like you did the entire goddamn game that you were the better team in for 3 quarters. Keep your offense on the field. Give your defense rest and give them fewer chances to fuck up. Score more points and ice the goddamn game.

The entire team deserves blame. Not just the defense. Make sure they all get it.

I said this yesterday, without the stats. The better team, and program, and attitude, and coach and players won.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2019

When it became apparent that Oregon’s offense had adjusted to take advantage of UW’s weaknesses on defense (looking at you, Manu), it became clear that the best defense was to keep ours* off the field. The offense needed to make first downs and score points. The did neither. The last 3 and outs, topped off by the wildcatFS, is what did is in. After that I knew Oregon was going to march down the field and score a TD because dicked ourselves and got too cute.

Eason and Ahmed were having great games and Hamdan takes them off the field in a critical third down play. Fuck, I knew how important that play was, why didn’t they?

Beta Trickery is a Must for UW. They believe Oregon is their big brother, and Oregon is and always will be until that chicken-shit, David vs. Goliath bullshit ceases. Goliath wins the battle 99% of the time, as we all saw yesterday.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174

tbh, there's blame to go all around but zero sacks and zero turnovers is jarring.

I didn't get to watch much of the game because I was watching OSU beat Cal in Berkley, but I did catch the 4th quarter. It looked like Hebert had all day to throw. No sacks the whole game? Pathetic.
    Ducks only got one sack but it was awesomely timed.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Eason channeling Brownsocks with the deep pocket spin move warms my heart.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    UW scored 31 on the top scoring defense.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,402 Swaye's Wigwam
    Why is this even an opinion. The defence lost the game. It doesnt matter WHEN the offemce got points it just matters that they got them and the D couldnt hold.

If they put up 70 in the first quarter then the ducks crawled back to a 71-70 win then that is still 100% on the D.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam

UW scored 31 on the top scoring defense.

We scored 28 points in the first 31 minutes, then scored 3 in the last 29 minutes.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,566 Founders Club
    The offense scored 31 points. I saw two walk in fucking touchdowns and a lot of missed tackles. We've lost to this faggot, gimmick program 76% of the time over the past 25 years. Let that sink in for a minute. It's absolutely pathetic. We should be blowing them away.

At least half of this is on the defense. Limit them to some field goals twice and we win.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,668 Founders Club
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,597
    edited October 2019

The offense scored 31 points. I saw two walk in fucking touchdowns and a lot of missed tackles. We've lost to this faggot, gimmick program 76% of the time over the past 25 years. Let that sink in for a minute. It's absolutely pathetic. We should be blowing them away.

At least half of this is on the defense. Limit them to some field goals twice and we win.

One team runs stupid gimmicky trick plays on the reg and the other team pounds it between the tackles non-stop, even when they're getting nothing.

Who is the faggot, gimmick program again?

One team needed a 4th and 1 and ran their power back behind their 1st round LT. One team needed a 3rd and 1 and ran wildcat with their 4th string RB while faking a jet sweep to a JAG wr
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    I guess what gets me is it seems since Lake has taken over the PHILOSOPHY of the defense has changed. Coach K seemed much more willing to attack the offense where Jimmy seems to be ok with the passive, stop the big play approach. I'm much more ingrained to an agressive approach on D because it gives your offense more opportunities to be on the field and score. These 8 minute, 12 play drives that opposing offences put on us just suck my will to watch.
    Yeah we have a good points against average in the recent past because we tend to hold teams to field goals rather than touchdowns, but in games like yesterday we fade in the fourth quarter because the D is on the field so much and just getting gassed. Hopefully players like Smalls boost the ability to get some 3rd and 4th down stops and Jimmy turns them loose a bit more.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,402 Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

I guess what gets me is it seems since Lake has taken over the PHILOSOPHY of the defense has changed. Coach K seemed much more willing to attack the offense where Jimmy seems to be ok with the passive, stop the big play approach. I'm much more ingrained to an agressive approach on D because it gives your offense more opportunities to be on the field and score. These 8 minute, 12 play drives that opposing offences put on us just suck my will to watch.
    Yeah we have a good points against average in the recent past because we tend to hold teams to field goals rather than touchdowns, but in games like yesterday we fade in the fourth quarter because the D is on the field so much and just getting gassed. Hopefully players like Smalls boost the ability to get some 3rd and 4th down stops and Jimmy turns them loose a bit more.

It wont matter who we have rushing the passer if were still dropping 9