Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For Those Bitching The Defense Lost The Game

In the fourth quarter, the Huskies scored zero points in three offensive drives. They went three-and-out twice. They rushed for 5 yards and 0.6 yards per carry. Eason completed 4 of 6 passes for 47 yards, and spun backward into a 12-yard sack. They managed 52 total yards on 14 plays and went 1 for 4 on third down.

You gave a very good Oregon team with a good offense too many chances to exploit your defense and your weaknesses, and they did it.

The defense has a glaring weakness. Do your fucking job on offense like you did the entire goddamn game that you were the better team in for 3 quarters. Keep your offense on the field. Give your defense rest and give them fewer chances to fuck up. Score more points and ice the goddamn game.

The entire team deserves blame. Not just the defense. Make sure they all get it.

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Offense did stall out but we got absolutely gashed. How many 3rd and 4th did Oregon convert? We didn’t make one big defensive play when it counted in the 2nd half. Not one.

True.

I’m just being an equal opportunity blame giver.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,570 Swaye's Wigwam

Offense did stall out but we got absolutely gashed. How many 3rd and 4th did Oregon convert? We didn’t make one big defensive play when it counted in the 2nd half. Not one.

Oregon went for a 4th and 1 on it's own 38 yard line. Then scored a TD on a 4th and 3 from like the plus 40.

A stop at either play would've likely won the game. UW was up 10 at that point. I knew the game was over when Oregon cut the lead to 3. At that point UW was rattled.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

but jimmy lake is a great DC, right???? Fuck all you doog, jimmy no ballz no fucking business callinga defense. fuck that bitch
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    It was the wefs!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,843
    Dude we start 4 fucking walk-on in year 6 of Pete on defense...
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Clear case of abundance

The offense shit the bed when needed because the play calling and scheming is retarded. There is more than enough talent on the offense to trot out a top 15 offense.

The defense shit the bed because the ILBs suck ass

Bryant,i latgusoa, and mcduffie are the only guys I regularly trust on the defense.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    3rd and 1, take the ball out of your best player's hands, put it in your 4th string rb's hands. That lost the game
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Houhusky said:

Clear case of abundance

The offense shit the bed when needed because the play calling and scheming is retarded. There is more than enough talent on the offense to trot out a top 15 offense.

The defense shit the bed because the ILBs suck ass

Bryant,i latgusoa, and mcduffie are the only guys I regularly trust on the defense.

Wasn’t just ILB’s. A lot of times only Wellington was in. We played with an extra DL a lot of the game. It worked well in the first half.

DL wore down against a good OL because they couldn’t get off the field on third and fourth down. The DL has a couple chances to bring Herbert down and couldn’t get it done.

The missed tackles were by everyone.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

In the fourth quarter, the Huskies scored zero points in three offensive drives. They went three-and-out twice. They rushed for 5 yards and 0.6 yards per carry. Eason completed 4 of 6 passes for 47 yards, and spun backward into a 12-yard sack. They managed 52 total yards on 14 plays and went 1 for 4 on third down.

You gave a very good Oregon team with a good offense too many chances to exploit your defense and your weaknesses, and they did it.

The defense has a glaring weakness. Do your fucking job on offense like you did the entire goddamn game that you were the better team in for 3 quarters. Keep your offense on the field. Give your defense rest and give them fewer chances to fuck up. Score more points and ice the goddamn game.

The entire team deserves blame. Not just the defense. Make sure they all get it.

Keep the kicker
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Disagree. UW was the better team for 1 quarter (the 2nd quarter). UO and UW were tied for 1 quarter. UO was the better team during the 3rd and 4th quarters. That's not an opinion. That's what the scoreboard says.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    I heard "baccelia in motion, pleasant in the backfield ..." I literally exclaimed out loud "Jesus fucking Christ!"
  • MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    When it became apparent that Oregon’s offense had adjusted to take advantage of UW’s weaknesses on defense (looking at you, Manu), it became clear that the best defense was to keep ours* off the field. The offense needed to make first downs and score points. The did neither. The last 3 and outs, topped off by the wildcatFS, is what did is in. After that I knew Oregon was going to march down the field and score a TD because dicked ourselves and got too cute.

Eason and Ahmed were having great games and Hamdan takes them off the field in a critical third down play. Fuck, I knew how important that play was, why didn’t they?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

tbh, there's blame to go all around but zero sacks and zero turnovers is jarring.

I didn't get to watch much of the game because I was watching OSU beat Cal in Berkley, but I did catch the 4th quarter. It looked like Hebert had all day to throw. No sacks the whole game? Pathetic.