Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Well

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
“I thought it was a well-played college football game. We did a nice job against a good football team.”

I feel better now

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,569 Swaye's Wigwam
    is that an actual pete quote? loser talk
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,018 Founders Club
    Swan dive. Active volcano.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

I thought it was a well-played college football game. We did a nice job against a good football team. I am proud of our guys for coming back like that in the second half. They fought hard. It’s a game of destiny and it came down to a play or two. We had a couple of three and outs in the second half, and then we had that last drive that wasn’t good for us. Other than that, they [Oregon] did a great job of running the ball, and we couldn’t get off blocks. They were converting those third downs, and punching it in at crunch time. Our kids played hard, like they always do, and we will keep grinding. There is a lot of football left to play.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Listening to the press conference was a bunch of coach speak shit but from his demeanor it felt like this one really bothered Pete. I have no confidence this will catalyze a change but if anything will this is it. If Pete doesn't make the necessary changes next year (e.g. entirely new offense) then it is playoffs or out. If you won't fix things then things can't be broken.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,532 Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

I thought it was a well-played college football game. We did a nice job against a good football team. I am proud of our guys for coming back like that in the second half. They fought hard. It’s a game of destiny and it came down to a play or two. We had a couple of three and outs in the second half, and then we had that last drive that wasn’t good for us. Other than that, they [Oregon] did a great job of running the ball, and we couldn’t get off blocks. They were converting those third downs, and punching it in at crunch time. Our kids played hard, like they always do, and we will keep grinding. There is a lot of football left to play.
    I can't even tell if 4 realz.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The scary part is we are probably 2-3 years from being really good. And even that’s a crap shoot and everything has to go as planned.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Baseman said:

I never knew blowing a 14 point lead in the 2nd half qualified as “coming back”
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,569 Swaye's Wigwam

The scary part is we are probably 2-3 years from being really good. And even that’s a crap shoot and everything has to go as planned.

If everyone comes back next year, including Eason, and the LBs get better...the team will probably be pretty good. Competing for Pac-12 good.

If Eason doesn't come back, who fucking knows...probably another year like this one.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,210

Where have I heard this before?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,018 Founders Club
    It’s like Pete wants us to mock him incessantly.