Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thank you letter to Pat HadenFS

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Dear Mr. Haden,

My name is cfetters_nacho_lover and I’m a Husky Half Brain from Seattle, Washington. We Half Brains aren’t the most popular group of Husky fans around – many of our fellow fans actually hate us. Yes, we’re a crude bunch but they really, really hate that we’re almost always right.

I’m writing to you today to express my sincere thanks for your work in hiring Steve Sarkisian and giving him the opportunity to bring championships back to L.A. I’m really fired up as he goes to work putting together the Best Coaching Staff in American 2.0.

I truly believe that as the Trojan Athletic Director you exhibited the moral courage necessary to lead that storied program. You were able to look beyond the numbers and facts that don’t always tell the full story about Coach Sark (I like to call him Coach Sark, it’s what I like to do). Yes, Sark was barely over .500 as a coach and yes, those numbers look even worse when you take away the three Division 2 schools but you knew there was more to Coach Sark than just those numbers.

You were able to look beyond the barely .500 PAC 12 coaching record and the 1-9 record vs. Stanford and whOregon (that’s little joke up here in Seattle – get it? whore plus gon equals whOregon). Not only did you look beyond that 1-9 record but you looked past the scoreboard, especially against whOregon (cracks me up every time!), a team that won by a minimum of 17 points in each of those five games against Coach Sark.

You also had the vision to look beyond the shitty offensive line recruiting that Coach Sark produced. I’m not close enough to Coach Sark but if I had to guess, I’m thinking he knew he was on a 4-6 year working interview as coach of UW and only needed one strong offensive line class for him to work some magic and turn the UW job into something better. You made that happen!

You didn’t listen to the Husky Half Brains as we cried out in dissent over Coach Sark’s inability to beat good teams but instead you listened to the voices of reason in the Seattle media. Good guys like Kim Grinolds, Jerry Brewer, Dave “Softy” Mahler, Hugh Millen, Elise Woodward and others who worshipped the ground Coach Sark walked on while trying to score with Joey waitresses. In my opinion, you displayed the vision seen only in a few great Americans throughout history with your selection of Coach Sark.

I’ve rambled on long enough here and hopefully you haven’t decided this is a TL; DR kind of letter. You’ve got more important work to do down there.

On behalf of Husky fans everywhere, thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!!!

Cfetters_nacho_lover

TL;DR

Comments