Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is Petersen’s Don James Moment

124»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter

At this point, Lake is cashing checks based on shutting down WSU in the Apple Cup and that's about it. He's not even recruiting that well. I guess there are still a lot of people who thinking beating WSU is some kind of achievement even though the series history is one of the most lopsided "rivalries" in history.

I think K is the better DC, but this is stupid. Lake is a good coach who has coached some of, if not the best secondaries in the history of the program. I’m deflated from the losses, but enough with the overreactions.
    If he was still coaching the DB's and not calling the entire defense I'd feel better about this. We had a kick ass line cook, bumped him up to head chef, and now business is down 25%.
    This.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club

People have a selective memory with Don James because he won a natty and a bunch of Rose Bowls. Until Pete does that, he’s going to get questioned. And after he does, he still will. Don James never had to deal with lunatic message boards.

He had to deal with my letter to the editor
    And a broken umbrella.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter

At this point, Lake is cashing checks based on shutting down WSU in the Apple Cup and that's about it. He's not even recruiting that well. I guess there are still a lot of people who thinking beating WSU is some kind of achievement even though the series history is one of the most lopsided "rivalries" in history.

I think K is the better DC, but this is stupid. Lake is a good coach who has coached some of, if not the best secondaries in the history of the program. I’m deflated from the losses, but enough with the overreactions.
    If he was still coaching the DB's and not calling the entire defense I'd feel better about this. We had a kick ass line cook, bumped him up to head chef, and now business is down 25%.
    This.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    Pete has an inferiority complex and a David vs. Goliath belief system that says the only way to beat a good team is to trick, outsmart or surprise them with "Explosive Plays." Think about his obsessive reliance on "Explosive Plays," which he refers to constantly. Sorry, but that's a little guy relying on the lucky shot in every game and it's fucking old and tired.

I want a coach who wants to ram his dick down the opposition's throat, 100 times in a row, and never tire of doing it. And it's been almost 30 years since I've seen that mentality from UW, and never once under Pete. Not even the 70-21 Coffee Mug Special game.
  • ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    PAC -12 doesn’t hit. James teams were always physical. Pete’s kids don’t have the mentality of Alabama, Ohio State or Oklahoma or Clemson. They never will. Urban Myer does this
    https://youtu.be/AL2Uj9uG7EI

Pete no way... You will have a handful of kids that naturally will put out. Most are OKG. Okay to be Just another Guy. That’s what appears to me OKG stands for.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,773 Swaye's Wigwam

Pete has an inferiority complex and a David vs. Goliath belief system that says the only way to beat a good team is to trick, outsmart or surprise them with "Explosive Plays." Think about his obsessive reliance on "Explosive Plays," which he refers to constantly. Sorry, but that's a little guy relying on the lucky shot in every game and it's fucking old and tired.

I want a coach who wants to ram his dick down the opposition's throat, 100 times in a row, and never tire of doing it. And it's been almost 30 years since I've seen that mentality from UW, and never once under Pete. Not even the 70-21 Coffee Mug Special game.

I think peterman should sign up for the insurgent warfare and football strategies class.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,773 Swaye's Wigwam
    Clevdawg said:

PAC -12 doesn’t hit. James teams were always physical. Pete’s kids don’t have the mentality of Alabama, Ohio State or Oklahoma or Clemson. They never will. Urban Myer does this
    https://youtu.be/AL2Uj9uG7EI

Pete no way... You will have a handful of kids that naturally will put out. Most are OKG. Okay to be Just another Guy. That’s what appears to me OKG stands for.

That’s OKJAG dumbass.

Get an avatar. There’s kids around here.