Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is Petersen’s Don James Moment

Comments

• ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    Beating WSU is nothing, losing to them is catastrophic. It’s simple. Fire the OC. Change like Don James did in 1988.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

At this point, Lake is cashing checks based on shutting down WSU in the Apple Cup and that's about it. He's not even recruiting that well. I guess there are still a lot of people who thinking beating WSU is some kind of achievement even though the series history is one of the most lopsided "rivalries" in history.

I think K is the better DC, but this is stupid. Lake is a good coach who has coached some of, if not the best secondaries in the history of the program. I’m deflated from the losses, but enough with the overreactions.
    Wouldn't you think by now that Will Harris has absorbed most of what Lake is teaching? It's getting kind of tiresome this duplication of roles the staff has going on. Two people for DC and two people for DB's. Just doesn't seem real efficient use of resources. We got three guys doing two jobs. I guess you could argue Coach K does outside backers but do most staffs have two backer coaches? But back to Harris. If he's not gonna take over for Lake what is the point?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,542 Founders Club
    I think Lake is a fraud. Stanfraud totally pushed us around. That garbage faggot back hung about 160 on us. I wanted to punch him. 31 points is not bad offensive production. Hamdan isn't great either, but games are won with defense.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

At this point, Lake is cashing checks based on shutting down WSU in the Apple Cup and that's about it. He's not even recruiting that well. I guess there are still a lot of people who thinking beating WSU is some kind of achievement even though the series history is one of the most lopsided "rivalries" in history.

I think K is the better DC, but this is stupid. Lake is a good coach who has coached some of, if not the best secondaries in the history of the program. I’m deflated from the losses, but enough with the overreactions.
    Not being able to stop a run is pretty bad
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,181

If he was still coaching the DB's and not calling the entire defense I'd feel better about this. We had a kick ass line cook, bumped him up to head chef, and now business is down 25%.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    FirePete said:

Nothing makes me more upset and I do think the transition to Lake has hurt that. That said, all Lake does is call the plays. Kwat is heavily involved with anything to do with the front 7.

FirePete said:

Nothing makes me more upset and I do think the transition to Lake has hurt that. That said, all Lake does is call the plays. Kwat is heavily involved with anything to do with the front 7.
    Kawasaki seems to have better feel for the game than our boy jimmy
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    whuggy said:

Wouldn't you think by now that Will Harris has absorbed most of what Lake is teaching? It's getting kind of tiresome this duplication of roles the staff has going on. Two people for DC and two people for DB's. Just doesn't seem real efficient use of resources. We got three guys doing two jobs. I guess you could argue Coach K does outside backers but do most staffs have two backer coaches? But back to Harris. If he's not gonna take over for Lake what is the point?
    The two DC’s is just for money purposes. Kwat wasn’t taking a cut and did nothing to deserve a pay cut. The coaches all work together. Lake just calls the plays.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    Imagine being such a faggot that you preach accountability to your players but have never owned up to your mistakes

Say what you want about Carroll, but he'll actually take blame for shit he shouldn't to defend his players, as well as his own mistakes, Petersen is a fragile pussy
  • TripleRainbowDawgTripleRainbowDawg Member Posts: 76
    Which “Don James Moment” is it?

The opening of 1983 (year 9) when James lost to LSU by 4 scores, a team that would finish 4-7 (0-6 in SEC)?

Possibly, the end of 1983, when DJ lost the Apple Cup, at home, squandering a possible conference title; followed by an Aloha Bowl loss to a Penn State team which entered that game with four losses?

Maybe, it is one of several moments during 1985 (year 11), when the Dawgfather was smoked by BYU; beaten soundly at home by Okie St.; and lost, again at home, to both the lowly Beavers (finished 3-8) AND the Coogs (4-7)?

The aftermath of a 3-score loss to a merely mortal ‘Bama squad in the 1986 Sun Bowl (year 12), where Husky Legends Chris Chandler, Lonzell Hill and Rod Jones never found the end zone?

Perhaps more appropriately, it is October 3, 1987 (year 13), when a loss to the Oregon Ducks (finished 6-5) dropped the Dawgs from the polls for the duration of the season?

If this last instance is indeed “the Don James moment”, James himself apparently didn’t rise to the occasion, at least not immediately. He went on to lose two more games that season, including a 5-turnover affair against USC in Seattle, and tied with a 4-4-3 Arizona Wildcat team.

He followed this with a 6-5 1988 campaign (year 14), including losses to the Dux (finished 6-6), Wildcats (7-4) and Coogs (9-3).

The general situation improved from there.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Which “Don James Moment” is it?

The opening of 1983 (year 9) when James lost to LSU by 4 scores, a team that would finish 4-7 (0-6 in SEC)?

Possibly, the end of 1983, when DJ lost the Apple Cup, at home, squandering a possible conference title; followed by an Aloha Bowl loss to a Penn State team which entered that game with four losses?

Maybe, it is one of several moments during 1985 (year 11), when the Dawgfather was smoked by BYU; beaten soundly at home by Okie St.; and lost, again at home, to both the lowly Beavers (finished 3-8) AND the Coogs (4-7)?

The aftermath of a 3-score loss to a merely mortal ‘Bama squad in the 1986 Sun Bowl (year 12), where Husky Legends Chris Chandler, Lonzell Hill and Rod Jones never found the end zone?

Perhaps more appropriately, it is October 3, 1987 (year 13), when a loss to the Oregon Ducks (finished 6-5) dropped the Dawgs from the polls for the duration of the season?

If this last instance is indeed “the Don James moment”, James himself apparently didn’t rise to the occasion, at least not immediately. He went on to lose two more games that season, including a 5-turnover affair against USC in Seattle, and tied with a 4-4-3 Arizona Wildcat team.

He followed this with a 6-5 1988 campaign (year 14), including losses to the Dux (finished 6-6), Wildcats (7-4) and Coogs (9-3).

The general situation improved from there.

The moment I’m 1988 where he lived in his office and didn’t leave until the shit was fixed. Took responsibility.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    Baseman said:

Pete’s a charlatan. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

UW and it’s real remaining boosters don’t give enough of a shit about football.

Pete gives good press. He wins enough games and his schtick tickles enough of the right balls.

Loosing fucking sucks. Good coaches coaching good, real football programs adjust. They tweak. Not Pete.

I’ve seen what a real program looks like. This isn’t it

Base you are on the money!

Yes we have seen what real programs look like we have lost to them over and over again. The Ohio St, Penn St, Alabama, and Auburns.

whuggy said:

The two DC’s is just for money purposes. Kwat wasn’t taking a cut and did nothing to deserve a pay cut. The coaches all work together. Lake just calls the plays.
    He not calling it good
    edited October 2019
    @RaceBannon i am pretty sure the fan base just as crazy back in the day, if not more right?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2019

I think Lake is a fraud. Stanfraud totally pushed us around. That garbage faggot back hung about 160 on us. I wanted to punch him. 31 points is not bad offensive production. Hamdan isn't great either, but games are won with defense.

The DBs made mistakes in the passing game against Furd. But we lost the run game to a shitty offense because our LBs can't stop or tackle shit. Gregory needs to go long before Lake.