Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

But, but the International Community and the EU wanted him removed.

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,941
Top Diplomat Testified That Obama Admin, Not International Community, Orchestrated Ukraine Prosecutor’s Firing

The Obama administration, not the international community, orchestrated the ouster of a Ukrainian prosecutor investigating a company connected to Joe Biden's son, a top diplomat testified to Congress yesterday.

OCTOBER 16, 2019 By Sean Davis

A top U.S. diplomat and expert on Ukraine testified to Congress yesterday that the Obama administration — with former Vice President Joe Biden as its point man — orchestrated the firing of the Ukrainian prosecutor who was investigating a company connected to the Biden family, sources familiar with the testimony told The Federalist.

The testimony of George Kent, a State Department official who works on the agency’s Ukraine portfolio, directly contradicts claims that the Obama administration was merely following the lead of the so-called international community in demanding the firing of Viktor Shokin, a controversial Ukrainian prosecutor who was reportedly investigating Burisma, a global energy company long suspected of corruption and money laundering. In 2014, Burisma paid Hunter Biden, Joe Biden’s son, tens of thousands of dollars to sit on its board despite the younger Biden’s complete lack of expertise or professional experience running a multi-national oil and gas concern.

Kent told lawmakers on Tuesday that the Obama administration spearheaded the efforts to have Shokin removed from his position as the top federal prosecutor in Ukraine. Kent said the international community — namely the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Western nations within the European Union — were deferential to U.S. directives on the matter. At a 2018 event organized by the Council on Foreign Relations, Joe Biden — who was tasked by then-President Barack Obama to lead the U.S. government’s efforts in Ukraine — bragged about threatening to withhold a billion-dollar loan guarantee if the Ukrainian government refused to fire Shokin.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/16/top-diplomat-testified-that-obama-admin-not-international-community-orchestrated-ukraine-prosecutors-firing/

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,441 Founders Club
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,089 Swaye's Wigwam
    But, But, But Obama. Why do you guys always have to go back to Obama. (did I do that right?)
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,941

Called it

Yes, you did.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    Sounds like you’ve stopped the impeachment now.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,441 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

But, But, But Obama. Why do you guys always have to go back to Obama. (did I do that right?)

No

Scotty among others was pushing the bullshit that Joe bragging about getting the prosecutor fired who was investigating his son was done at the behest of the international community

Joe himself said "if you don't believe me you can ask Obama"

Seems relevant since you guys want to investigate every thing under the sun except for someone with a (D) next to their name

I said it was just the Obama Administration and I was right

Maybe someday you can be right too
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Alexis said:

No

Scotty among others was pushing the bullshit that Joe bragging about getting the prosecutor fired who was investigating his son was done at the behest of the international community

Joe himself said "if you don't believe me you can ask Obama"

Seems relevant since you guys want to investigate every thing under the sun except for someone with a (D) next to their name

I said it was just the Obama Administration and I was right

Maybe someday you can be right too
    Game changer.
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    Hence why there were numerous contemporaneous quotes from and reporting about the EU, IMF and others in the international community calling for his ouster..... Note he was removed by a vote of the Ukrainian parliament because he was so corrupt.

Your news source also lied to you as he wasn't investigating the CEO of Burisma when the Ukrainian parliament voted him out as the investigation had gone dormant.

Race is wrong...again.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited October 2019
    Alexis said:

No you didn't do that right. That is reserved for times when trying to defend Trump by pointing at Obama. HTH
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,941
    GDS said:

Hence why there were numerous contemporaneous quotes from and reporting about the EU, IMF and others in the international community calling for his ouster..... Note he was removed by a vote of the Ukrainian parliament because he was so corrupt.

Your news source also lied to you as he wasn't investigating the CEO of Burisma when the Ukrainian parliament voted him out as the investigation had gone dormant.

Race is wrong...again.

The fact that others in the international community were calling for his ouster doesn't refute the claim that it was the Obama Admin that orchestrated the firing. Both of those could easily be true.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,067 Standard Supporter
    Alexis said:

Because he's a commie and a straight up crook. HTH
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,067 Standard Supporter
    All of this goes back to Obama. Russia collusion, spying, fake dossier all of it.

This was all done to try and cover up what they had done via Hillary and Clinton foundation as well as the attempted rigging of the election.

Gonna get messy.

Oh and I called it too.