Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Draft experts say Eason needs to get dialed in

4. Jacob Eason, Washington
Stats in Week 7 at Arizona: 15-of-22 passing (68.2%) for 243 yards with two TDs; 77.7 QBR

McShay: Eason doesn't have a ton of recent game experience -- he started 13 games for Georgia in 2016, but he attempted only seven passes in 2017 before going down with an injury, then sat out 2018 after transferring -- but he has shown growth in seven starts this season. He has a huge 6-6, 227-pound frame, a live arm and good athleticism. And I've already seen improvement in his timing and anticipation from September to now.

Kiper: Are we really agreeing again here? Eason is my fourth-ranked quarterback, with a caveat: He really could use another year in college. He could be a top-five pick in the 2021 draft. Now, we see quarterbacks get drafted in Round 1 on potential all the time. Eason absolutely could go in the top 32 picks in April. But he's the most raw out of this group, and I'd really like to see him get more live reps for the Huskies.

McShay: Yeah, he certainly has the talent and can make some ridiculous throws, but the inexperience shows itself at times. Against a complex Stanford defense two weeks ago, he completed just 44.4% of his passes and averaged only 5.7 yards per attempt. Eason has a big opportunity to show he belongs in this discussion on Saturday against Herbert and the Ducks.

Kiper: Eason has the "wow" factor. He's super impressive at times but also maddeningly underwhelming in other situations. He really needs to improve his ball placement and work on going through full-field progressions. But you can't teach his arm strength -- I put this throw in my most recent Big Board rankings, but it's worth watching that rocket again.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    Emoterman said:

4. Jacob Eason, Washington
    Stats in Week 7 at Arizona: 15-of-22 passing (68.2%) for 243 yards with two TDs; 77.7 QBR

McShay: Eason doesn't have a ton of recent game experience -- he started 13 games for Georgia in 2016, but he attempted only seven passes in 2017 before going down with an injury, then sat out 2018 after transferring -- but he has shown growth in seven starts this season. He has a huge 6-6, 227-pound frame, a live arm and good athleticism. And I've already seen improvement in his timing and anticipation from September to now.

Kiper: Are we really agreeing again here? Eason is my fourth-ranked quarterback, with a caveat: He really could use another year in college. He could be a top-five pick in the 2021 draft. Now, we see quarterbacks get drafted in Round 1 on potential all the time. Eason absolutely could go in the top 32 picks in April. But he's the most raw out of this group, and I'd really like to see him get more live reps for the Huskies.

McShay: Yeah, he certainly has the talent and can make some ridiculous throws, but the inexperience shows itself at times. Against a complex Stanford defense two weeks ago, he completed just 44.4% of his passes and averaged only 5.7 yards per attempt. Eason has a big opportunity to show he belongs in this discussion on Saturday against Herbert and the Ducks.

Kiper: Eason has the "wow" factor. He's super impressive at times but also maddeningly underwhelming in other situations. He really needs to improve his ball placement and work on going through full-field progressions. But you can't teach his arm strength -- I put this throw in my most recent Big Board rankings, but it's worth watching that rocket again.

What insight!

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/62380/eason-criticism/p1
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don’t like Kiper and McShay but found myself agreeing with them. We are fucked next year if we don’t have Eason. It will be ugly.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Don’t like Kiper and McShay but found myself agreeing with them. We are fucked next year if we don’t have Eason. It will be ugly.

We? can't afford to wait for Sirmon to get his reads down.
    Wonder if he portals again if Eason stays.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

We? can't afford to wait for Sirmon to get his reads down.
    Wonder if he portals again if Eason stays.
    I doubt it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    chuck said:

I'm actually not convinced that Sirmon wont be somewhere between fine and Eason level. Eason has been a little underwhelming overall while showing elite physical ability. The offense, play calling, and supporting cast put a cap on how good or how bad he can be.

Sirmon has comparable ability and would probably have similar results.
    He’s doesn’t have comparable ability. He struggled making reads and being accurate in high school. It only gets tougher. I’ve never bought into Sirmon hype.

Eason is a little too mechanical and slow to process things at times. Sirmon will be even more so. That is, if he even wins the job.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

I'm actually not convinced that Sirmon wont be somewhere between fine and Eason level. Eason has been a little underwhelming overall while showing elite physical ability. The offense, play calling, and supporting cast put a cap on how good or how bad he can be.

He’s doesn’t have comparable ability. He struggled making reads and being accurate in high school. It only gets tougher. I’ve never bought into Sirmon hype.

Eason is a little too mechanical and slow to process things at times. Sirmon will be even more so. That is, if he even wins the job.
    But DDY said he is Sam Darnold
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bryant is probably a 3rd or 4th round pick to me.

If Eason comes back we have a shot at being good. If he leaves, we will have a down year.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

chuck said:

Comparable physical ability roadie. You knew that, but are such a contrarian sometimes that you glossed over it to make your point.

Petersen's offense is more about scheming guys open then checking down when it doesn't work. Live action reads are pretth limited as most of the decisions happen pre-snap. Sirmon has similar size and arm strength and has three years learning this fucktarded offense. He'll be fine.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Comparable physical ability roadie. You knew that, but are such a contrarian sometimes that you glossed over it to make your point.

Petersen's offense is more about scheming guys open then checking down when it doesn't work. Live action reads are pretty limited as most of the decisions happen pretty snap. Sirmon has similar size and arm strength and has three years learning this fucktarded offense. He'll be fine.
    Im not entirely sure what Petersens offense is about other than making a QB look more brain-locked and excessively spin backwards the longer they stay.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Petersen's offense is more about scheming guys open then checking down when it doesn't work. Live action reads are pretty limited as most of the decisions happen pretty snap. Sirmon has similar size and arm strength and has three years learning this fucktarded offense. He'll be fine.
    Im not entirely sure what Petersens offense is about other than making a QB look more brain-locked and excessively spin backwards the longer they stay.
    Just wait till he gets a short lefty in there with limited arm strength.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Petersen's offense is more about scheming guys open then checking down when it doesn't work. Live action reads are pretth limited as most of the decisions happen pre-snap. Sirmon has similar size and arm strength and has three years learning this fucktarded offense. He'll be fine.
    I don't think his ability is that comparable honestly. Sirmon has above average arm talent. Eason has elite elite arm talent. There's a pretty big gap.

That said I think Sirmon has a better shot to be good than Roadie does. He sucks until he doesn't though, as always.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

From what I have been told, sirmon not very bright. So not sure he will be able to learn it
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Eason is coming back next year. Sirmon will stay for 2020 but will portal prior to the 2021 season if it looks like Huard wins the job as a true frosh. Sirmon will still have 2 years of eligibility remaining at that point.