Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So here's the thing

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

haie said:

Listening to your coaches on Portland radio, they don't seem confident. Why?

It’s called coach speak
    Remember? Those Cristo interviews on Portland radio, where it's all Oregon State alumni (lolz), that trouble you so much? It's that: poor mouthing. Only coach I've ever seen who had the ballz to deliver it straigth w/ no bullshit was Steve Superior, who was a confident mother fucker. Everybody else plays it the same way.

Why? Does Pete sound confident?

This should be a close game unless one side just goes retard, which can happen. Herbert will have to find a new favorite receiver this week or they are toast. I don't think they have the running back talent yet to run their way to a win, even though they have the line for it.
    I expect to see a lot of Mycah Pittman
    I'll raise you a Puka

Oregon should run it 45 times but they won't
    They might if Verdell could get through a game w/out getting hurt. He's really the only guy on their roster who runs inside with power other than the Hibibi guy, who I assume is strictly short yardage for a reason.

I don't think it's lost on that coaching staff that their passing game is, at best, inconsistent. And I'm sure they know who they lost at TE. I think they do what they do because they have to.
    Habibi-likio is slow, but I think he’s our(?) best rb. Definitely better than dye. Based on last weeks usage coaches are finally leaning that way too
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Washington has a chance because Mr. September will play hero ball and throw at least 40 times

Doubt there’s as many scouts at this one. Will only start chucking it around if they fall behind.

He had to throw for 42 times to beat Montana
    “Had to”

Yeah just squeeze by in that one didn’t he?

He can’t help himself. It’s in his DNA and who he is.

His draft stock is slipping his Heisman chances are totally gone and now he came back for his senior year to play for maybe a chance in the Sun bowl. He hast to do something on Saturday in front of a natty (SWIDT) audience and it sure as hell won’t be hand the ball off
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I like WASHTUN in this one
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Washington has a chance because Mr. September will play hero ball and throw at least 40 times

Doubt there’s as many scouts at this one. Will only start chucking it around if they fall behind.

“Had to”

His draft stock is slipping his Heisman chances are totally gone and now he came back for his senior year to play for maybe a chance in the Sun bowl. He hast to do something on Saturday in front of a natty (SWIDT) audience and it sure as hell won’t be hand the ball off
    Chinned for the Sun Bowl reference.

Pac-12
    North Division Conf All
    Oregon Ducks (12)
    3-0 5-1
    Stanford Cardinal
    2-2 3-3
    Washington Huskies (25)
    2-2 5-2
    Oregon State Beavers
    1-2 2-4
    California Golden Bears
    1-2 4-2
    Washington State Cougars
    0-3 3-3

Oregon is a win away from clinching the PAC 12 North.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

It’s called coach speak
    Remember? Those Cristo interviews on Portland radio, where it's all Oregon State alumni (lolz), that trouble you so much? It's that: poor mouthing. Only coach I've ever seen who had the ballz to deliver it straigth w/ no bullshit was Steve Superior, who was a confident mother fucker. Everybody else plays it the same way.

This should be a close game unless one side just goes retard, which can happen. Herbert will have to find a new favorite receiver this week or they are toast. I don't think they have the running back talent yet to run their way to a win, even though they have the line for it.
    I expect to see a lot of Mycah Pittman
    I'll raise you a Puka

Oregon should run it 45 times but they won't
    They might if Verdell could get through a game w/out getting hurt. He's really the only guy on their roster who runs inside with power other than the Hibibi guy, who I assume is strictly short yardage for a reason.

I don't think it's lost on that coaching staff that their passing game is, at best, inconsistent. And I'm sure they know who they lost at TE. I think they do what they do because they have to.
    Habibi-likio is slow, but I think he’s our(?) best rb. Definitely better than dye. Based on last weeks usage coaches are finally leaning that way too
    Dye is usually good for at least one 20+ yard burst, and maybe two or three 10+ yarders. But then Arroyo tries to use him as an every down back and that's not who he is. The kid runs tough for his size, but he is who he is: a peanut who has elite burst for about 15 yards and then hits top gear. He's never going to shake a tackle or run through contact, and though his first five steps are elite he will get run down by any corner or safety with good wheels.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

“Had to”

Call me crazy, but I don't think it's really up to him. He's calling the plays at the LOS about as often as Eason. We're not talking about Joe Montana here.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

“Had to”

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

“Had to”

Chinned for the Sun Bowl reference.

Pac-12
    North Division Conf All
    Oregon Ducks (12)
    3-0 5-1
    Stanford Cardinal
    2-2 3-3
    Washington Huskies (25)
    2-2 5-2
    Oregon State Beavers
    1-2 2-4
    California Golden Bears
    1-2 4-2
    Washington State Cougars
    0-3 3-3

Oregon is a win away from clinching the PAC 12 North.
    They could still go 4-5

Just saying
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

“Had to”

I’m not going to argue how many passes Guy Herbert is going throw in a game that hasn’t happened yet as I’m not on a message board from 2006. It’s just that you had to go back 4 games and the outlier for the entire season to to come to your useless conclusion. I’ll stick with the teams current trend.

And like anyone outside of Washington or Oregon is going to watch this fucking gayme.

• Options

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

“Had to”

I’m not going to argue how many passes Guy Herbert is going throw in a game that hasn’t happened yet as I’m not on a message board from 2006. It’s just that you had to go back 4 games and the outlier for the entire season to to come to your useless conclusion. I’ll stick with the teams current trend.

And like anyone outside of Washington or Oregon is going to watch this fucking gayme.

And pretty sure in-season performance has a negligible effect on "draft stock". Scouts and GMs know what they want in a QB-a 6'6 guy with a cannon for an arm. Josh Allen went 12th after doing this against a very not good Oregon defense.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400935273

I thought for sure that would have tanked his draft stock.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

“Had to”

That’s because you are gutless
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

haie said:

It’s called coach speak

There was a game this season where 11 separate ducks scored 11 touchdowns.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Felix was solid vs Auburn. Need to use him more.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

Seems confident to me...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

Seems confident to me...
    Is this a CFB Quotes quote?
  • Options
    dnc said:

haie said:

Seems confident to me...
    Is this a CFB Quotes quote?
    Yup
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Lol if Molden can make Amon-Ra disappear, he'll have no problem with Pittman.
  • Options

Other than you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, good post.

Different receivers.
  • Options

Probably had more to do with some 4th string fuck named Fink tossing the ball than anything Molden did
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Probably had more to do with some 4th string fuck named Fink tossing the ball than anything Molden did
    torched Utah hth