Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Something Has To Be Said

It's something that has been discussed here and there, but has somewhat gone by quietly this season. Throughout the spring, we had heard that there was some improvement, but it sounded like the same lip service that is given every offseason natty. But, as the season has progressed, the offseason rumors have proven true:

Peyton Henry has become a stone cold kicker, and he is currently the best kicker in the country.

Last season, Henry was a walk-on freshman kicker who missed some noticeable kicks, and multiple times during the season it was clear Pete didn't trust that Henry could get the job done. He ended the season with decent numbers: 16 of 22 on FGs (72%) and 43 of 44 on PATs (98%).

This season, Henry is still a walk-on (SODERBERG SOMEHOW HAS A FUCKING SCHOLARSHIP STILL), and has been fucking aces all season: 14 of 14 on FGs (leads country in total as well as leads country at 100% accuracy) and 29 of 29 on PATs (100%).

Fucking well done Peyton Henry.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,011 Founders Club

And if he'd kicked like that last year, everything else being equal, we* would have been 11-1 or 12-0.

#everythingmatters
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    When he missed the first of the 3 kicks at the end of regulation, we? should have immediately sent the offense back out.
    Somehow everyone but Pete seemed to know exactly what was going to happen there...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Always felt Henry looked like he was good. He put a good swing on the ball last year. Pete fucked with him and ruined his confidence. Not saying he’s not improved, don’t twist, but Pete handled him horribly last year.

For a guy that is supposed to be as "detailed oriented" as Pete is, he sure fucks up a lot of of stuff.
    @FirePete ..... come do the dark side bruh.......it is less disappointing
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

Always felt Henry looked like he was good. He put a good swing on the ball last year. Pete fucked with him and ruined his confidence. Not saying he’s not improved, don’t twist, but Pete handled him horribly last year.

He was awful last year. At some Point you have to make the kicks. Auburn BYU and Oregon had horrible misses. He played a lot of close games last year I don’t know how you justify kicking it much last year when he was a mess.

Even this year I think they have one outside of 40. He is just consistent now. He worked it out.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

He was awful last year. At some Point you have to make the kicks. Auburn BYU and Oregon had horrible misses. He played a lot of close games last year I don’t know how you justify kicking it much last year when he was a mess.

Even this year I think they have one outside of 40. He is just consistent now. He worked it out.
    Yeah, he wasn’t good. I just think a lot of kickers are going to lose confidence when the coach doesn’t trust them to hit 30-40 yarders.
    Tequilla said:

Pretty sure he is on scholarship

Don’t let truth get in way of a good story. Like sodorberg should not be on one

FirePete said:

For a guy that is supposed to be as "detailed oriented" as Pete is, he sure fucks up a lot of of stuff.
    @FirePete ..... come do the dark side bruh.......it is less disappointing
    I did. I turned off the game at half time and went to bed.
    <3
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    It is always amazing to me that a kicker misses a 40 yard field goal and catches nothing but shit. But OL misses a block with a guy 2 inches from his face and nobody says anything.
    HuskyJW said:

It is always amazing to me that a kicker misses a 40 yard field goal and catches nothing but shit. But OL misses a block with a guy 2 inches from his face and nobody says anything.

Curse of being a kicker.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    HuskyJW said:

You can bash both. I think a lot of it is because he kicker comes on to do one thing. An OL can get beat one okay but if he plays well after or in the next game it’s forgiven. A missed kick that loses a game is bigger than a missed block.