Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete Kwiatkowski

A couple people on twitter are saying it looks like he's coming from Boise to be on the new staff. On first glance at their numbers this year, I think I'd rather have Wilcox. That said, he might not even be an option at this point. Does anyone know anything about Kwiatkowski?

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    He has basically been their DL coach since he has been there too, and their DL's have been fun to watch over the years. I wonder if he is actually coming on as just a DL coach and we hire outside for a DC (Sounds like Wilcox might get the HC job at BSU)...
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    The BSU beat writer called him the best DL coach in the country, for what it's worth.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

He has basically been their DL coach since he has been there too, and their DL's have been fun to watch over the years. I wonder if he is actually coming on as just a DL coach and we hire outside for a DC (Sounds like Wilcox might get the HC job at BSU)...

Topdawgnc has been calling this all day.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Wilcox & Tosh could be in limbo for quite a while...
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,830 Founders Club
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    topdawgnc said:

I just read where SC is trying to get Washington to come off the 1 million dollar buy out.

Fucking Woodward better hold them to it.

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
    topdawgnc said:

I just read where SC is trying to get Washington to come off the 1 million dollar buy out.

Hold their fucking feet to the fire.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,970 Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

Bubble boy shut the fuck up.. It's just not funny anymore. You're not even worthy as a side show.

Letting SC off the hook on the buyouts would be galactically stupid. I hope UW doesn't soil what has otherwise been a great week by rolling over for those fucks.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    chuck said:

topdawgnc said:

Bubble boy shut the fuck up.. It's just not funny anymore. You're not even worthy as a side show.

Letting SC off the hook on the buyouts would be galactically stupid. I hope UW doesn't soil what has otherwise been a great week by rolling over for those fucks.
    I'll gladly rescind the buyouts if they agree to rescind their bitching to the conference and start playing in Seattle in November again.

Otherwise, fuck em.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,970 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

topdawgnc said:

I'll gladly rescind the buyouts if they agree to rescind their bitching to the conference and start playing in Seattle in November again.

Otherwise, fuck em.

There's an idea. How about they agree to play the next four games between us at UW after the apple cup? Tell them that's our final offer. Meet our ridiculous demands, not reasonable ones, or fuck em.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    Hmmm, the Boise board seems to think we're taking their OC Robert Prince as well. They also seem to have a universal disdain for him. I was really hoping Petersen would at least evaluate his staff a bit instead of trying to bring the entire staff with him. He has a bit more money to work with here and could probably upgrade a couple spots on his staff.
  • dnc said:

chuck said:

topdawgnc said:

Otherwise, fuck em.

What is the backstory on that? I just looked it up and we haven't hosted them in a game in November since 1997(UW shut them out 27-0) and in the 1990's UW had a stretch from 1995-1998 where every game was played either in November or last week in October(had a November game in 1993 and 1991 as well).
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Don't yall remember when Sark was putting together his first staff? He's hamstrung by limited relationships, it was holt then rocky, then holt again... pretty embarrassingly drawn out. We'll just have to wait and see how desperate SC gets.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

dnc said:

chuck said:

topdawgnc said:

Otherwise, fuck em.

What is the backstory on that? I just looked it up and we haven't hosted them in a game in November since 1997(UW shut them out 27-0) and in the 1990's UW had a stretch from 1995-1998 where every game was played either in November or last week in October(had a November game in 1993 and 1991 as well).
    USC complained to the conference about always playing at UW in November.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    uw2010 said:

A couple people on twitter are saying it looks like he's coming from Boise to be on the new staff. On first glance at their numbers this year, I think I'd rather have Wilcox. That said, he might not even be an option at this point. Does anyone know anything about Kwiatkowski?

It's all rumors even here in Boise so far as Petersen's staff is concerned and who he might ask to follow him from here to UW. Speculation also swirls around Wilcox who is still remembered here, of course. There's talk that I've heard on radio or read in news reports about Pete Kwiatkowski versus Wilcox (both are defensive coordinators). Some Broncofans think so much of Kwiatkowski that they believe he might be a candidate to replace Petersen. Others want Petersen to take Kwiatkoski to UW so that Wilcox might be freed-up to become BSU's next head coach.

• uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

It's all rumors even here in Boise so far as Petersen's staff is concerned and who he might ask to follow him from here to UW. Speculation also swirls around Wilcox who is still remembered here, of course. There's talk that I've heard on radio or read in news reports about Pete Kwiatkowski versus Wilcox (both are defensive coordinators). Some Broncofans think so much of Kwiatkowski that they believe he might be a candidate to replace Petersen. Others want Petersen to take Kwiatkoski to UW so that Wilcox might be freed-up to become BSU's next head coach.

I think I'd be fine with either of them as our DC. At this point I just really don't want their OC after reading what they pretty much unanimously have to say about him.