Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If @tequlia was a classical liberal....LBGTQLMNOP edition.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
I don’t have to approve of your lifestyle for you to live it. You don’t need my approval. Respect your identity? Your orientation? Whatever champ. I’m perfectly content to leave you to your life friend. You don’t want my respect though, you want validation- you want to change my thinking on the subject. Compel me to speak the way you want via government coercion, an online mob of blue check marks, pressure employers to terminate people who challenge you, all to silence any deviation from the new societal norms you set. You don’t need my validation either, and as far as my thinking goes, even though I may think your made up gender is, well, made up- and may have thoughts about your *chosen* orientation being a matter of sexual preference, It doesn’t matter. You see, I believe in small government. The thing about believing in small government, is oh I don’t know... maybe I actually believe in small government? I want a government small enough to stay out of your marriage and your bedroom. How’s that for acceptance? For tolerance? If I refuse to teach my small child about your lifestyle though I’m a bigot huh? If I refuse to call you by king zod, or whatever else you *prefer* me to call you, -you want to fine me, hmm? If I disapprove of that four year old boy who played with his sisters dolls the one time being force-fed mind and body altering hormones to satisfy your unending quest to be the most special and garner the most attention, I’m an *oppressor* huh? Pssh ok. Only one of us wants to force or “oppress” the other into anything- it isn’t me.

Comments