Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Letting mentally ill homeless live on the streets is a false kindness

Comments

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    We should round them up. Not sure after that, but definitely pack me up and get em the fuck out of town. I hear Gorst is lovely.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,441 Founders Club
    We're going to have to address the return of involuntary commitment which is not as easy as it sounds because it is ripe for abuse
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,067 Standard Supporter

We should round them up. Not sure after that, but definitely pack me up and get em the fuck out of town. I hear Gorst is lovely.

Concentration camps in the desert maybe?
    Sledog said:

Sounds like the perfect place to “dry out”...

I actually don’t know. But the streets ain’t it.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,518 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2019
    Sledog said:

Vantage.Lots of room between George and Ellensburg.

I've said this before, build a couple 'rehab' facilities out there. You do criminal acts in Seattle, Oly, T-Town, Spokane.....you get your ass shipped to the middle of bumfuck and assessed on whether you're mentally ill, an addict or just a thug.

Mentally ill go to institutions like they used to back in the day. There are just some fucked up people that 24/7/365 of compassion ain't gonna help.

Addicts get cleaned up. Maybe a progressive series of accomplishments getting clean means you get to work road crews or build state parks and whatever....then qualify for trade schools or other educational opportunities and job training.

If you're just a thug homeless, go to jail. Do not pass go, serve the time.

Quit pooping on the streets, squatting in RVs in neighborhoods and vandalizing/thieving law abiding citizen's property.

Yeah I’m kinda sick of yelling at my kids to stay out of the tall grass at the park because some junkies might have left their needles there.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,067 Standard Supporter

Yeah I’m kinda sick of yelling at my kids to stay out of the tall grass at the park because some junkies might have left their needles there.

Sledog said:

Tell me something I don’t know.