Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

New look into Pete’s most successful offense

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
edited October 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited October 2019

Well designed Play that’s a pick 6 without Ross
    edited October 2019

Same shitty reverse that got blown up by USC two weeks ago without John Ross
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Agree with what you’re saying, but this isn’t the same reverse. This is handed to a RB 7 yards deep which gives room for penetration by the defense and allows the ball handler to make something happen.

The one against USC was handed off to Hunter in front of Eason directly behind the line. Literally zero room for penetration which USC got. Which is why it was a fucktarded play. There should never be a reverse that starts off by having the QB hand the ball off in front of himself rather than turning around to hand it off.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I remember that play. Ross hesitated and get caught from behind because he was waiting for blocks to be set up. He wouldn’t have been caught otherwise. A rare case when it was Ross’ fault and not the play itself.
  • azgregazgreg Member Posts: 52
    You will see more of these plays tomorrow night as we have a large tendency to fall for them.

I remember that play. Ross hesitated and get caught from behind because he was waiting for blocks to be set up. He wouldn’t have been caught otherwise. A rare case when it was Ross’ fault and not the play itself.
    Ross took this to the house
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yeah we tied the game 7-7 on a 32 yard Ross run, so that has to be it.

All that being said this isn't close to the same reverse as the one against SC. What Courics noted above, plus Ross was never supposed to pass this. Much different play.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I was talking about the reverse on the first drive vs USC.