Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A prediction for 2013

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,250
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I predict Jaydon Mickens will be Honorable Mention All Pac-12 in 2013

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2013
    I think he will be improved, but I don't see that next year. Maybe his junior or senior year. With Kasen, ASJ, and hopefully a healthy JJ, I don't think he will catch enough passes to get noticed like that.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think he will be improved, but I don't see that next year. Maybe his junior or senior year. With Kasen, ASJ, and hopefully a healthy JJ, I don't think he will catch enough passes to get noticed like that.

Jaydon Mickens superiority guy?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Jaydon Mickens transferred to UCLA?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Offense:
    Best: ASJ, the only way he isn't the best TE in the nation is if he isnt used

Worst: OL will continue to struggle, mostly with the tackles, The running game will be decent but under used and the shotgun pass happy offense will struggle due to dead Quarterbacks

Overrated: Kasen Williams, this guy has great hands but is slow for a high school player and struggles to create space over the top or underneath

Underrated: Sankey, last year he turned into a pretty solid runner, if he can stay healthy the offense should revolve around him and ASJ

Defense:
    Best: Shaq Thompson, dude is a beast even if he has to play slightly out of his position

Worst: Timu, almost always picks the wrong hole to attack against the run and cant cover against the pass

Overrated: Shirely, the love affair with this fucktard is ridiculous, he has one move, run around the tackle and get decimated against the run

Underrated: Feeney was a beast his RS Freshman year and has great instincts but needs coaching, Marcus Peters has also looked pretty good at times
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

As a WR or return guy?
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Offense:

Worst: OL will continue to struggle, mostly with the tackles, The running game will be decent but under used and the shotgun pass happy offense will struggle due to dead Quarterbacks

Overrated: Kasen Williams, this guy has great hands but is slow for a high school player and struggles to create space over the top or underneath

Underrated: Sankey, last year he turned into a pretty solid runner, if he can stay healthy the offense should revolve around him and ASJ

Defense:
    Best: Shaq Thompson, dude is a beast even if he has to play slightly out of his position

Worst: Timu, almost always picks the wrong hole to attack against the run and cant cover against the pass

Overrated: Shirely, the love affair with this fucktard is ridiculous, he has one move, run around the tackle and get decimated against the run

Underrated: Feeney was a beast his RS Freshman year and has great instincts but needs coaching, Marcus Peters has also looked pretty good at times

Timu still has problems but he was WAY improved last season. Sirmon knows what he's doing.

The problem with Shirley is he's not an every down player. He's a great pass rusher that should come in on passing downs. But since the DL sucks, he cant be used properly. If the DT's could get any push, Shirley would have 10+ sacks a season. The OT focuses entirely on Shirley bc there is no threat from the middle.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

Offense:

Defense:

Timu still has problems but he was WAY improved last season. Sirmon knows what he's doing.

The problem with Shirley is he's not an every down player. He's a great pass rusher that should come in on passing downs. But since the DL sucks, he cant be used properly. If the DT's could get any push, Shirley would have 10+ sacks a season. The OT focuses entirely on Shirley bc there is no threat from the middle.
    The formula is push up the middle and heat from the edge
  • Options
    Founders Club

As a WR or return guy?
    As a WR.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    Founders Club

Disagree. The kid drops too many passes.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Offense:

Defense:

If he had any decent coaching he might have more than one move.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I predict Jaydon Mickens is no better than our 5th receiver by the end of the season and transfers out before next year.

I like your prediction better, I just don't see it. Kid can't catch.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I predict Jaydon Mickens is no better than our 5th receiver by the end of the season and transfers out before next year.

I like your prediction better, I just don't see it. Kid can't catch.
    Just a weird hunch.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

Offense:

Defense:

Timu is far from our worst player on D. He's very inconsistent, but he was the most improved player on the team last year. He went from being absolutely terrible to having some very good games last year. Now, he needs to find some consistency.

There are other spots I am much more worried about. The DT spot next to Shelton is much worse whether it be Banks, Potaoe, Hudson (3-4 sets), or Qualls. None of those guys are very good or will be very good next year (Qualls). Free safety is another spot that is not looking good. Shamburger has not been very good when he has played and Beaver is about 180 pounds. I'm not sure if he is actually ready, but it seems he will have to play. I am also worried about the CB opposite Peters. Ducre and Watson are serviceable, but they are nothing special. There have been varying reports on Dixon. I'm not sure what to expect out of him.

The good thing about the secondary worries is it seems like Heyward is a good coach. Wilcox specializes in the secondary as well, so at least we will have good coaching to offset some potential problems. The real worry on the defense is DT and finding a pass rush.
  • Options
    Pass rush will be the biggest weakness of the team and the second DT is a huge problem. By the end of the season the second DT will be Qualls. Pio Vatuvei will be good but I think they like him at end. Shirley is a good pass rusher but not good in run downs.

3-4, I'd bet on a 3 of Shelton, Vatuvei, Hudson/Jamora with Shirley in on 3rd and longs.

I agree on the D coaches, they can figure out what will work best.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pass rush defense will be the biggest weakness of the team and all the second OT are a huge problem. By the end of the season the second DT will be Qualls. Pio Vatuvei will be good but I think they like him at end. Shirley is a good pass rusher but not good in run downs.

3-4, I'd bet on a 3 of Shelton, Vatuvei, Hudson/Jamora with Shirley in on 3rd and longs.

I agree on the D coaches, they can figure out what will work best.

• Options
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Offense:

Defense:

Timu is far from our worst player on D. He's very inconsistent, but he was the most improved player on the team last year. He went from being absolutely terrible to having some very good games last year. Now, he needs to find some consistency.

There are other spots I am much more worried about. The DT spot next to Shelton is much worse whether it be Banks, Potaoe, Hudson (3-4 sets), or Qualls. None of those guys are very good or will be very good next year (Qualls). Free safety is another spot that is not looking good. Shamburger has not been very good when he has played and Beaver is about 180 pounds. I'm not sure if he is actually ready, but it seems he will have to play. I am also worried about the CB opposite Peters. Ducre and Watson are serviceable, but they are nothing special. There have been varying reports on Dixon. I'm not sure what to expect out of him.

The good thing about the secondary worries is it seems like Heyward is a good coach. Wilcox specializes in the secondary as well, so at least we will have good coaching to offset some potential problems. The real worry on the defense is DT and finding a pass rush.
    Sounds like we need push from the middle and heat from the edge.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

Offense:

Defense:

Sounds like we need push from the middle and heat from the edge.
    That would make a good formula
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Speaking of formulas, where's Passion?
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    All Pac-12 in track? Is Micken's that fast? The kid got some PT last season and didn't show us much of anything, but then it's difficult even for an overhyped true freshman to perform when his QB is under so much pressure if not getting sacked. Is this a backhanded hint that you believe Husky OL problems are solved, the offensive coordinator group will give Sankey the ball more often, and KP is to have a Moonish kind of senior rebound season? When can we wish ourselves Rose Bowl joy for the true Husky heart must in Springtime still flip easily toward Pasedena.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    I get really sick of hearing about Shirley. Even sicker of seeing try try to run around the end rather than attacking. Not knocking the kid, he's just too small to play the position.

The O line will improve to bad from pathetic. Price might survive the season.

Sankey is a warrior. He makes plays despite Cream Puff's pass happy weak ass shotgun offense.