Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Jen Cohen

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
I am a longtime football season ticketholder and Tyee donor. I haven’t missed a UW home football game in 26+ years (seriously). I also try to attend at least one road game a year, at some expense.

During your AD tenure, I have traveled to six road games:
  • 11/05/16 UW @ Cal W 66-27
  • 12/31/16 Peach Bowl UW vs Alabama @ ATL L 24-7
  • 11/10/17 UW @ Stanford L 30-22
  • 09/01/18 Kickoff Game UW vs Auburn @ ATL L 21-16
  • 10/27/18 UW @ Cal L 12-10
  • 10/05/19 UW @ Stanford L 23-13
Five losses in six trips. Three of which were among the most humiliating “no-show” upsets in our lifetimes.

You have achieved much during your AD tenure. Football has enjoyed a good deal of success, and certainly dramatic improvement, during these years. But this “no-show” upset trend is alarming, and it requires answers: Why does this keep happening? And what is being done—today—to make certain it doesn’t continue?

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    I don't think she gives a shit about your woes.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    edited October 2019
    TTJ said:

I am a longtime football season ticketholder and Tyee donor. I haven’t missed a UW home football game in 26+ years (seriously). I also try to attend at least one road game a year, at some expense.

During your AD tenure, I have traveled to six road games:

• 11/05/16 UW @ Cal W 66-27
    • 12/31/16 Peach Bowl UW vs Alabama @ ATL L 24-7
    • 11/10/17 UW @ Stanford L 30-22
    • 09/01/18 Kickoff Game UW vs Auburn @ ATL L 21-16
    • 10/27/18 UW @ Cal L 12-10
    • 10/05/19 UW @ Stanford L 23-13
    Five losses in six trips. Three of which were among the most humiliating “no-show” upsets in our lifetimes.

You have achieved much during your AD tenure. Football has enjoyed a good deal of success, and certainly dramatic improvement, during these years. But this “no-show” upset trend is alarming, and it requires answers: Why does this keep happening? And what is being done—today—to make certain it doesn’t continue?
    Substitute the Fiesta and Rose Bowls for the Kick off game and Stanford this year and I am right there with you.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    edited October 2019

Obviously this will fall on deaf ears as she doesn't give a fuck about us degenerates, but it's beyond stupid to believe that she doesn't care about fan input

She's obviously not going to listen to individual fan input, but as a collection of course she is.... She's done a fantastic job so far, I have no reason to believe she won't do the same going forward

However, barring losing like 3 games in a row or something (I'd doubt it even then), she won't address it until the offseason, which is the right thing to do

We're* 4-2

bigcc said:

Obviously this will fall on deaf ears as she doesn't give a fuck about us degenerates, but it's beyond stupid to believe that she doesn't care about fan input

She's obviously not going to listen to individual fan input, but as a collection of course she is.... She's done a fantastic job so far, I have no reason to believe she won't do the same going forward

However, barring losing like 3 games in a row or something (I'd doubt it even then), she won't address it until the offseason, which is the right thing to do

We're* 4-2
    A nip slip would be a show of good faith.
    I'd prefer the allure, I don't think I could respect her afterwards

Unless it's amazing in which case I couldn't respect any solid moves as AD because, well, I have a one-track mind
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,209
    bigcc said:

We're* 4-2
    Careful.

Lose to Arizona and a 4 game losing streak is possible because Oregon and Utah will run the ball consistently.
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 541

bigcc said:

We're* 4-2
    A nip slip would be a show of good faith.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,346 Swaye's Wigwam
    Why would the AD at USC give a shit about UW fans?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club

bigcc said:

We're* 4-2
    Careful.

Lose to Arizona and a 4 game losing streak is possible because Oregon and Utah will run the ball consistently.
    I think Pete would deserve such a losing streak. Maybe this would actually wake him up. Yeah, who am I kidding? He'll probably blame a 100 different things instead of looking in the mirror.

bigcc said:

We're* 4-2
    Careful.

If I could speak things into existence football would be pretty far back on the the list of priorities

Well, slightly back

Well... Damn I need more hobbies than football and pussy
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    bigcc said:

We're* 4-2
    Yeah, I really don't know why Jen keeps getting brought up. What the fuck do you want the AD to do midseason, outside of an obvious Rutgers-Chris Ash situation where a firing is absolutely necessary.

She's obviously going to stay in her lane. Pete is nowhere close to being on the hot seat, and there aren't going to be any "nudges" from his boss until at least the off-season.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    HuskyJW said:

Why would the AD at USC give a shit about UW fans?

Fuck. So she will hire Urban but just not for the Dawgs. God damnit!!!