Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA now kicking people out of US arenas holding "Free Hong Kong" signs

2»

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Leupold and Stevens a 100 yr old Beaverton Oregon Company. Fuck the Blazers. I want Hockey.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,521
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

GDS said:

Our “Google Uyghurs” sign has been confiscated. pic.twitter.com/fX4tF4oOxR

— Jon Schweppe (@JonSchweppe) October 9, 2019
    how the fuck is a google Uyghurs sign in any way political?
    You should ask your friends in Hong Kong about it. Im sure they'd love to talk about it.
    As usual you completely miss the point. If they were holding a sign that said Free the Uyghurs that would constitute a political statement. However holding a sign that said google Uyghurs is in no way political.

I didn't. Just making fun of your naivety.

The CCP disagrees with you. That's all that matters.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

Leupold and Stevens a 100 yr old Beaverton Oregon Company. Fuck the Blazers. I want Hockey.

Leupold issued a statement saying their contract was up and they decided not to renew it not the other way around. Did you fall for this fake news as well??? Lmao
  • Options
    GDS said:

DJDuck said:

Leupold issued a statement saying their contract was up and they decided not to renew it not the other way around. Did you fall for this fake news as well??? Lmao</blockquote

Not at all

The Portland Trail Blazers announced that they have severed relations with a company that does business with Israel following a pressure campaign by activists tied to the anti-Semitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement.

As the NBA is facing outrage after the general manager of the Houston Rockets capitulated to censorship by the Chinese communist government, the Trail Blazers quietly severed ties with the manufacturer Leupold, which has a contract to produce accessories for the Israeli Defense Forces.

Trail Blazers president and CEO Chris McGowan recently announced the decision to bow to pressure from BDS activists, telling a reporter for the Bleacher Report that "Leupold is no longer a part of the organization."

The move was celebrated by anti-Israel activists and picked up by the pro-BDS blog Mondoweiss, which stated that the decision came "after a year-long campaign by local activists to pressure the Blazers to drop the sponsor."
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    GDS said:

DJDuck said:

Leupold issued a statement saying their contract was up and they decided not to renew it not the other way around. Did you fall for this fake news as well??? Lmao
    GDS said:

DJDuck said:

GDS said:

DJDuck said:

GDS said:

DJDuck said:

GDS said:

DJDuck said:

https://www.wweek.com/sports/2019/09/30/portland-trail-blazers-announce-the-team-has-ended-its-partnership-with-military-contractor-leupold-stevens/

It's the company's work with the Israeli army that has drawn protest from the DSA, which opposes the occupation of Palestine.

McGowan said the protests were “NOT ENTIRELY” the reason for the end of the partnership.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

GDS said:

DJDuck said:

Hahaha you didn’t have to requote your fake news I read it once already. Now for the real story

Leupold & Stevens issued the following statement:

Leupold & Stevens is proud to have been able to support the ‘Hometown Heroes’ program with the Portland Trail Blazers. The program honored the brave men and women of our nation’s armed forces, first responders, and other everyday heroes who put service before self. Leupold’s sponsorship contract officially expired at the conclusion of the 2018-2019 season. The company has made the decision to continue its never-ending support for local heroes through other programs.

Here’s another statement from today

Pretty funny you guys fell for this fake news on the same night the Blazers are playing a team from Israel! But sure they are all in with BDS...fucking hell deej you fell for another one! Hahaha
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Like Clint Eastwood once stated in a famous line..........”You have to ask yourself punk” if it was just a simple end to a contract and not the culmination of protests from the BDS movement.......WHY WOULD THERE BE NUMEROUS STORIES ABOUT THIS.........”Well punk”.😁
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

Like Clint Eastwood once stated in a famous line..........”You have to ask yourself punk” if it was just a simple end to a contract and not the culmination of protests from the BDS movement.......WHY WOULD THERE BE NUMEROUS STORIES ABOUT THIS.........”Well punk”.😁

“All my far right blogs are telling me it’s true so it has to be true!” Hahaha

I do agree with you about hockey though. NHL games are far more entertaining than NBA games
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    McGowans words aren’t far right blogs. You are once again employing another logical fallacy in an attempt to make a point. Same ol’same ol’

• Options
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

McGowans words aren’t far right blogs. You are promoting another logical fallacy to attempt to make a point. Same ol’same ol’

If the Blazers joined the boycott than they are as good at boycotts as they are at winning titles since they played an Israeli team tooooonight. Fake news deej strikes again!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Yes I know that. Of course that proves nothing because it was scheduled way before they caved but good try.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why so defensive Scott? Its a tweet

Did your chi com masters get upset?
  • Options

Why so defensive Scott? Its a tweet

Did your chi com masters get upset?

Hey at least you don't fall for fake news as often as Deej does. But they got you this time! You should take a lesson from Deej though - he doesn't give up as soon as he realizes the gig is up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like the Chi Coms are triggered by another tweet
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,109
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

South Park is arguably the greatest American institution of our generation.

No sarcasam.
    I wish they would go back to older formats where it was a show around the characters and not so politics-heavy. I couldn't get through last season.
    Oh man their political commentary is the best thing about the show IMO.

They're ability and willingness to skewer anyone and everyone is unmatched.
    I agree that they kill any and all comers and are equal opportunity about it. I think it's more fun when it's about celebrities and other stuff that doesn't actually impact our day to day lives. I don't need to relive the US political shit show via a cartoon. I need an escape. Anyone got any mescaline they can sell me?
    You came to the right place my fren.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,521
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like the Chi Coms are triggered by another tweet

It's special arguing with djduck.