Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No Ballz Jimmy

FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
Once again could not stop a running offense that went right at him. why don't you give up the defense back to kawasaki. clearly he is a better DC. fucking pathetic that you could not get off the field on the third downs. all you doogs like @dnc need stfu of they only giving up 20 points or so. get fucked

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Jimmy was as flat as a pancake last night.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    James is not good in game if things aren't working

Experience required I guess

Not sure what we are paying Petersen for
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    Is this the same Jimmy that's walked on water around here lately?

Is this the same Jimmy that's walked on water around here lately?

I said after Stanford 2017 that giving Jimmy playcalling was a mistake

If you don't run the air raid he seems lost
    I'm giving you shit because I haven't seen a collective man crush on a coach like the one that was displayed here for Lake in some time.

Virtually any questioning of him would start a 20 page thread.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    Hes a great recruiter and his defensive backs are legit

Just not sure the price to keep him is worth taking Kwat off the gameday calls

There's a lot to like about Jimmy
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Another soft boat to work and sip PSLs from in office espresso machine coach.

Hes a great recruiter and his defensive backs are legit

Just not sure the price to keep him is worth taking Kwat off the gameday calls

There's a lot to like about Jimmy

Sure.

But Peter Principle.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    If you dare criticize Jimmy Lake, you won't last long.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    What's most astonishing is how bad we've been at defending screens. We used to have linebackers with speed who could close sideline to sideline. Our corners were adept at shedding blocks and winning one-on-one battles. We played our safeties within 20 yards of the LOS so they could actually defend in the flat. Now we do literally none of those things despite having the personnel to do 2/3 of them (linebackers lol). It's hard to know who's primarily responsible for this regression, but I have to assume Jimmy.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter

What's most astonishing is how bad we've been at defending screens. We used to have linebackers with speed who could close sideline to sideline. Our corners were adept at shedding blocks and winning one-on-one battles. We played our safeties within 20 yards of the LOS so they could actually defend in the flat. Now we do literally none of those things despite having the personnel to do 2/3 of them (linebackers lol). It's hard to know who's primarily responsible for this regression, but I have to assume Jimmy.

The LBs are fucking terrible. Manu tackles like he's trying to knock a candy bar off the circular wire in a vending machine. A bunch of guys on the defense do.

When he was pushing his own player in the back, late in the game, standing straight up, not getting low like he wanted to tackle anyone, I saw a player with no natural instinct, talent, or brains.

The LBs are fucking terrible. Manu tackles like he's trying to knock a candy bar off the circular wire in a vending machine. A bunch of guys on the defense do.

When he was pushing his own player in the back, late in the game, standing straight up, not getting low like he wanted to tackle anyone, I saw a player with no natural instinct, talent, or brains.
    Manu really is garbage.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,546 Founders Club
    They let that faggot with pink gloves gloat and run for a career high. It was hard to watch. This team regressed five fucking years.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    Thing is this: If we had receivers who could get open and catch a ball, maybe the D isn't exhausted by being on the field for 45 minutes. It all goes back to the shitty, unproductive offense in my mind. Yes, our LBs are liquid shit, but our WRs are fucking cancer.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Thing is this: If we had receivers who could get open and catch a ball, maybe the D isn't exhausted by being on the field for 45 minutes. It all goes back to the shitty, unproductive offense in my mind. Yes, our LBs are liquid shit, but our WRs are fucking cancer.

We gave up three straight scoring drives and 200+ yards to start the game. Our WRs being shit is unrelated to our defense being simultaneously their own brand of shit.

Jimmy is good. But his defense scheme is a goldilocks scheme. It's great for underperforming teams but the minute it faces a physical team it collapses. I watched Penn St play a week ago. That's a good team...aggressive defense. Linebackers that play with controlled anger. I think they win out until Ohio State.

Im just not a fan of the "bend but don't break" defense philosophy. Often these defenses break when they meet good competition. I think the reason you recruit good DB is to put them on an island and know the statistical odds should be in your favor. This team has routinely gone in big games and crapped the bed.

This. Good post