Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump Pressed Australian Leader to Help Barr Investigate Mueller Inquiry’s Origins

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/us/politics/trump-australia-barr-mueller.html

President Trump pushed the Australian prime minister during a recent telephone call to help Attorney General William P. Barr gather information for a Justice Department inquiry that Mr. Trump hopes will discredit the Mueller investigation, according to two American officials with knowledge of the call.

The White House restricted access to the call’s transcript to a small group of the president’s aides, one of the officials said, an unusual decision that is similar to the handling of a July call with the Ukrainian president that is at the heart of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into Mr. Trump. Like that call, the discussion with Prime Minister Scott Morrison of Australia shows the extent to which Mr. Trump sees the attorney general as a critical partner in his goal to show that the Mueller investigation had corrupt and partisan origins, and the extent that Mr. Trump sees the Justice Department inquiry as a potential way to gain leverage over America’s closest allies.

And like the call with the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, the discussion with Mr. Morrison shows the president using high-level diplomacy to advance his personal political interests.

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,929
    Gosh, I thought you leftists were all about finding out everything you could about the Mueller report.

So let me get this straight, it was okay for Obama to use the FBI and the CIA to ask Australia to assist in spying on Trump but it's wrong for Trump to ask Australia to help looking into the origins of the Mueller investigation.

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,487
    And this is news? All it is is CNN trying to frame this headline in the same context as the Ukraine story to show a pattern. In this case, what he was doing is absolutely, entirely appropriate.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    SFGbob said:

Gosh, I thought you leftists were all about finding out everything you could about the Mueller report.

So let me get this straight, it was okay for Obama to use the FBI and the CIA to ask Australia to assist in spying on Trump but it's wrong for Trump to ask Australia to help looking into the origins of the Mueller investigation.

Another item to add to the list of fake news that Gay Bob has peddled on this board.

This clown fell for Pizzagate. HAHAHAHA
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Bob resorts to his only defense of his hero. But but but Obama!!!
    For those the were around Bob during Obama. How much did he bitch about Obama talking about the economy when he took over? Or pointing the finger at Bush?
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373

SFGbob said:

Another item to add to the list of fake news that Gay Bob has peddled on this board.

Wait, did Bob really fall for pizzagate? This can’t be true.
    edited September 2019

SFGbob said:

Always love when dipshits like IC use their own ignorance to claim that someone else swallowed fake news.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/mueller-report-donald-trump-thought-he-was-fed-over-russia-probe/news-story/5d9668b82905b4af2ff3703000450941

And remember according to IC there's nothing that's been discredited in the Steele Dossier and the FBI didn't lie to secure a FISA warrant and even if they did it's a lie to say they spied on Trump.

Keep it nice and stupid Kunts.
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Bob resorts to his only defense of his hero. But but but Obama!!!
    Yeah, how dare you mention Obama when you talk about Australia's 2016 role in the investigation on the Trump campaign. What a fucking moron. This is just like when you cried like a bitch about people talking about Biden in connection with the phone call with Ukraine.
    2001400ex said:

For those the were around Bob during Obama. How much did he bitch about Obama talking about the economy when he took over? Or pointing the finger at Bush?

I feel sorry for anyone who actually knows Bob in real life. What a miserable, insufferable, and unlikable Kunt he is. At least most of the other Trumptards have a sense of humor and will post a gem here and there. With Gay Bob it's either fake news, whining about liars, or pedophile homoerotic fantasies. Nothing in between.

SFGbob said:

Hooked, lined, and sinkered.

2001400ex said:

I feel sorry for anyone who actually knows Bob in real life. What a miserable, insufferable, and unlikable Kunt he is. At least most of the other Trumptards have a sense of humor and will post a gem here and there. With Gay Bob it's either fake news, whining about liars, or pedophile homoerotic fantasies. Nothing in between.
    I feel sorry for anyone who is as fucking stupid as you IC.

Are you claiming Australia had no role in the initial investigation of the Trump campaign dumbfuck? Spit it out Kunt.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373

SFGbob said:

Damn.

Hey Bob, now do Qanon.
    edited September 2019

SFGbob said:

Damn.

Hey Bob, now do Qanon.
    Well you could show where I ever supported Pizzagate, you'd have a killing rebuttal but since I never did all you have is you swallowing like a bitch the claim of lying dumbfuck.

But then again, you're kind of lying dumbfuck too.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,696 Founders Club

2001400ex said:

The is precisely how I think about you.

Ironic.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,789 Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

I have met and know Bob. He is a great guy, engaging and super intelligent. Likes to party and is anything but a racist in his personal life. Clearly the exact opposite of you.

You on the other hand remind me of a closed minded racist liberal who thinks black Americans are too stupid or lazy to get ID to vote, call any minority an Uncle Tom if they leave the reservation and that taking away vote of everyone who thinks differently than you is a good thing for the country.

Basically I think you are the scum of the earth. Partying with Bob is a fun experience, I envision partying with you to be like having company with Danny Devito as the Penguin.

2001400ex said:

I have met and know Bob. He is a great guy, engaging and super intelligent. Likes to party and is anything but a racist in his personal life. Clearly the exact opposite of you.

You on the other hand remind me of a closed minded racist liberal who thinks black Americans are too stupid or lazy to get ID to vote, call any minority an Uncle Tom if they leave the reservation and that taking away vote of everyone who thinks differently than you is a good thing for the country.

Basically I think you are the scum of the earth. Partying with Bob is a fun experience, I envision partying with you to be like having company with Danny Devito as the Penguin.
    You nailed him. He was excusing videos last week showing young black males beating and killing innocent white people claiming it was unfair to hold blacks to the same standards of behavior as whites. He sees blacks as inferior but likes the fact that they vote Rat party so he attacks anyone who would apply the same standards to blacks that they would do for whites.

2001400ex said:

Nice burner account Bob. You gave it away when you said super intelligent.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

You nailed him. He was excusing videos last week showing young black males beating and killing innocent white people claiming it was unfair to hold blacks to the same standards of behavior as whites. He sees blacks as inferior but likes the fact that they vote Rat party so he attacks anyone who would apply the same standards to blacks that they would do for whites.
    Lol. I'll play your game.

Liar. Show me where I said this. Why do you lie?!

Did I do that right?

2001400ex said:

What you are saying is that Bob, or really you, is racist on an anonymous internet messaging board where he (you) can let his (your) true feelings out, but knows how to act in public. So he (you) doesn't get his (your) ass kicked. Got it.