Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sirmon plays with eyes closed

This is why I dont blame @RoadDawg55 for being done with Sirmon

Also Wellington....

Worst Linebacker group of my lifetime.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Also Wellington....

There's a reverse angle of that play that looks even worser. Tryon vs Cal level.
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    Not great Bob.

But he’s also a RS Freshman whereas Wellington and Manu are Seniors
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Not great Bob.

But he’s also a RS Freshman whereas Wellington and Manu are Seniors

Tryon and Peter need to be coaches better. They should be athletes enough to engage the block. Just terrible edge play
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Did anyone even notice Tryon missing the first half?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,933 Swaye's Wigwam
    Really piss poor effort by Wellington in that play too. He wasted forever in no man's land right behind 55 (who got held bad btw but wasn't in position to affect the play by that point), but still had time to make a solid hit on fink and possibly deny the goal line. Somehow he fucked it up, barely making a glancing blow from behind him when he should have trucked him high to drive him sideways. He was going for a strip, but looks scared to hit the QB.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,933 Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

chuck said:

Really piss poor effort by Wellington in that play too. He wasted forever in no man's land right behind 55 (who got held bad btw but wasn't in position to affect the play by that point), but still had time to make a solid hit on fink and possibly deny the goal line. Somehow he fucked it up, barely making a glancing blow from behind him when he should have trucked him high to drive him sideways. He was going for a strip, but looks scared to hit the QB.

Gregory needs to go. He can’t recruit can’t coach why have him around
    I'm pretty much on board. Is Peter Sirmon available? I'd take him.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    jecornel said:

Because of last week's targeting penalty
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Yes, due to the targeting call in the 2nd half of the BYU game
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,342 Swaye's Wigwam
    Let’s not forget

Wellington was the LB’er on Oregon’s winning td last year
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Houhusky said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

chuck said:

The worst part is that they will get better, but are any of the young guys looking like future studs? That’s why I’m so down on Sirmon. I can’t see him being any better than average.
    Tafisi maybe. My problem with Manu and Wellington they suck and eating up reps. Might as well invest in the young guys and hope they get better. But every rep that Manu and Wellington take is waste
    To be fair, the other side of the coin is playing guys who arent actually ready too early and stunting their career with nagging injuries that hinder their long term development. The Sark problem.
    AGREE
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Houhusky said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

chuck said:

The worst part is that they will get better, but are any of the young guys looking like future studs? That’s why I’m so down on Sirmon. I can’t see him being any better than average.
    Tafisi maybe. My problem with Manu and Wellington they suck and eating up reps. Might as well invest in the young guys and hope they get better. But every rep that Manu and Wellington take is waste
    To be fair, the other side of the coin is playing guys who arent actually ready too early and stunting their career with nagging injuries that hinder their long term development. The Sark problem.
    tafisi and sirmon both redshirted. not like we rolling some high school kids
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

chuck said:

Understandable, but if they really aren’t better than Manu and Wellington, and I don’t think they are at this point, you can’t play them. We’re still going to be a real contender for the PAC 12 title.
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    Houhusky said:

Also Wellington....

TRIGGERED