Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC outgained us

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Apparently EwaDawg is Bush Hamdan.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,999
    edited September 2019
    Mad_Son said:

Apparently EwaDawg is Bush Hamdan.

The data you are providing doesn't back up the point you are trying (and failing) to make.

Hamden sucks but if you want to convince somebody of something bring some logic. Please.

• Options
    EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

Yards are cute. Points are better.

Is that your take away here?

So you like yards over points?
    Forget it. You can't make Mad_son understand football or logic. Others have tried.

He is drawing an invalid conclusion from the data and is not grasping what others are telling him (like you and dnc).

Forget it. Sometimes the ignorant don't want to learn.

We got points despite our offense. USC were able to move the ball just as well as us but in the end we won because our defense made plays. You're the one who doesn't get it.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Yards are cute. Points are better.

Is that your take away here?

So you like yards over points?
    I like having a complete team. I am fucking sick and tired of having a shit offense and being wholly dependent on the defense year after year.
    So do I! And I like our offense overall way more than I did last year (because of Eason obviously). It’s still flawed and shit still frustrates me... but I like winning, I don’t care how ugly it is. We dominated that game, only reason it was close was because our coach has his fucktard lapses where he replays the 2006 Oklahoma game in the back of his head. Still a lot to improve on but I’m going to enjoy a win, I don’t care if USC outyarded is by 2, we? Made more plays.
    Our defense made plays. This is a feel good win but yardage is just one measure that helps highlight that we beat USC with different phases of the game than offense, since it didn't feel close. We have an incredible talent in Eason who is neutered by Pete and Hamdan. We have had championship caliber defenses for years now. We are continually held back by the offense.
  • Options

I certainly wasn't impressed with our offense today, and Eason was just not sharp, but it's not the tragedy you're making it out to be. I'm much more concerned about our ILBs. I don't think we've had such a weak position group since before football was invented in 2016. USC scores no points if we have even adequate linebackers.

I agree our LBs are a huge weakness, but we mitigate that with our defense. Our defense carries the team despite our LBs.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Mad_Son said:

USC gained more yards offensively. We had 15 points off of turnovers.

Without our defense stepping up we lose 14-13. As ever our young defense carries the day.

And, USC actually gained fewer yards per offense per play. And some of our plays were kneel downs (for what may have been negative yards).

Seriously, ARE YOU DRUNK?

You can't erase our points off of turnovers and say that would have been the final score. That is *Redacted Poster* FUCKING STUPID.

Quit while you are losing and only look PARTIALLY FUCKING MORONIC.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mad_Son said:

I certainly wasn't impressed with our offense today, and Eason was just not sharp, but it's not the tragedy you're making it out to be. I'm much more concerned about our ILBs. I don't think we've had such a weak position group since before football was invented in 2016. USC scores no points if we have even adequate linebackers.

I agree our LBs are a huge weakness, but we mitigate that with our defense. Our defense carries the team despite our LBs.
    And last week our offense carried the team. That's a huge improvement over these last two years when the offense couldn't be trusted with shit.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

Without our defense stepping up we lose 14-13. As ever our young defense carries the day.

And, USC actually gained fewer yards per offense per play. And some of our plays were kneel downs (for what may have been negative yards).

You can't erase our points off of turnovers and say that would have been the final score. That is *Redacted Poster* FUCKING STUPID.

Dude, you're on the wrong side of the Dunning-Kruger curve here. I don't know why you've chosen this hill to die on but you're wrong. You entirely don't get the point despite me spelling it out for you in increasing detail with successive posts.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

And last week our offense carried the team. That's a huge improvement over these last two years when the offense couldn't be trusted with shit.
    I'm not sure I'd say the offense carried us last week but they certainly carried their weight. Pete offenses often put up big points against lesser competition. When we play talented teams I find the defense does the heavy lfting time and again.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Is eason missing seeing open guys or are there simply never open guys?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Mad_Son said:

EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

Dude, you're on the wrong side of the Dunning-Kruger curve here. I don't know why you've chosen this hill to die on but you're wrong. You entirely don't get the point despite me spelling it out for you in increasing detail with successive posts.

That's the problem with idiots. They don't understand a more logical perspective. They ignore the four other posters in the thread that say you are not making the point that you think you are.

I get it. You are moving the goal post after missing BADLY on your original post.

I am done with you, as well.

If your point was the offense could have been better then I agree. But I don't think that was it. The offense had almost 400 yards against a talented SC defense.

You should stop and breathe and THINK before posting.

Seriously.

Bye Bye

• Options
    EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

That's the problem with idiots. They don't understand a more logical perspective. They ignore the four other posters in the thread that say you are not making the point that you think you are.

I get it. You are moving the goal post after missing BADLY on your original post.

I am done with you, as well.

If your point was the offense could have been better then I agree. But I don't think that was it. The offense had almost 400 yards against a talented SC defense.

You should stop and breathe and THINK before posting.

Seriously.

Bye Bye

Thus far 6 people agree and 1 (you) disagree, among folks who have weighed in on the first post. The goal posts haven't changed, just the number of words to explain to you that they are the tall yellow things at the end zone.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Seemed half our drives started at the 50. We had less to go.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    LawDawg1 said:

But. Those points don't count according to the original poster. Don't you pay attention?

Good point. If not for the goal line stopping us (for 2 tds that don't count) we would have had more yards.

Don't tell the MORON that. He thinks he makes sense.

• Options
    EwaDawg said:

LawDawg1 said:

But. Those points don't count according to the original poster. Don't you pay attention?

Good point. If not for the goal line stopping us (for 2 tds that don't count) we would have had more yards.

Don't tell the MORON that. He thinks he makes sense.

The whole point the whole time is that the defense carried us and that this feel good win is not because of the offense. We were in control of this game thanks to the defense which masked our offensive issues. Comparing our total yards to USC's was just to highlight that point. Any other nonsense in your head is purely in your head (and unfortunately vomiting out of your mouth now).

You said you think the offense has room to improve so I'm not sure why this thread is so controversial to you other than that you don't understand it.

Here, how is this for you - we scored 28 points which feels like 4 TDs, but really we had 3 TDs with 2 FGs. We settle for FFs too much. We could have set a new UW record for points scored against USC. Since I said POINTS does that compute for you now?