Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Current Winsipedia - USC vs Washington

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    edited September 2019

Stanford is 32-61 - USC 65%

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

No other coast team is close to these three in beating USC

Oregon 19 wins most of them since football was invented

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

ASU 13 but USC with a 63% due to less games played

Arizona 8

Oh and Cal with 26 wins but SC with 72% wins

And we were .500 against USC from when football was invented in 1975 to when it was suspended in 2001.
    That's why they respected us
    And this is my dawg bone of contention with @creepycoug . 1992 USC respected us so much that they got the LA Times to take us down. Don had UW in the early 90's where Clemson is now- i.e., Tier II school performing like a blue blood as long as the coach doesn't leave. It would have been shocking if UW didn't win another NT in the 90s w/o Camaro-gate.
    It's very simple to know me Yella: I like genuine irreverence and authentic edge. I don't like the mindset of permanence that a lot of people like to have. They have it for the same reason they believe in other fairy tales: they're afraid of uncertainty; they're afraid of dark.

I like program culture that DNGAFF about what USC thinks of anything. This entire thread is another attempt to entrench Washington as the real #2. It's embarrassing and effeminate. With that said, given USC's dominance in virtually every single meaningful football measure against all other members of the conference, I don't blame you for not trying. Maybe it's just impossible to catch up and surpass. Maybe you're right to concede.

With that said, congratulations on cementing Washington's legacy as the next best program in Pac 10 history. The recognition is long overdue.

We don't want to be second best in the West. We want to be on par with USC and we've done it before. For a long period of time - twenty + years in fact - we were on par with USC, in terms of head to head competition, Pac titles, winning percentage, etc. USC is the standard for the PAC, but they rest a bit too much on their laurels and are close to getting booted from Mt Rushmore.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,151
    edited September 2019

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

And we were .500 against USC from when football was invented in 1975 to when it was suspended in 2001.
    And this is my dawg bone of contention with @creepycoug . 1992 USC respected us so much that they got the LA Times to take us down. Don had UW in the early 90's where Clemson is now- i.e., Tier II school performing like a blue blood as long as the coach doesn't leave. It would have been shocking if UW didn't win another NT in the 90s w/o Camaro-gate.
    It's very simple to know me Yella: I like genuine irreverence and authentic edge. I don't like the mindset of permanence that a lot of people like to have. They have it for the same reason they believe in other fairy tales: they're afraid of uncertainty; they're afraid of dark.

I like program culture that DNGAFF about what USC thinks of anything. This entire thread is another attempt to entrench Washington as the real #2. It's embarrassing and effeminate. With that said, given USC's dominance in virtually every single meaningful football measure against all other members of the conference, I don't blame you for not trying. Maybe it's just impossible to catch up and surpass. Maybe you're right to concede.

With that said, congratulations on cementing Washington's legacy as the next best program in Pac 10 history. The recognition is long overdue.

We don't want to be second best in the West. We want to be on par with USC and we've done it before. For a long period of time - twenty + years in fact - we were on par with USC, in terms of head to head competition, Pac titles, winning percentage, etc. USC is the standard for the PAC, but they rest a bit too much on their laurels and are close to getting booted from Mt Rushmore.

This entire thread is another attempt to entrench Washington as the real #2. It's embarrassing and effeminate.

This is precisely why everyone would likely be better off not responding to *Redacted Poster*.

He starts with an absolute bullshit lie (or just a 100 percent non-truth) and it goes down hill from there.

To anyone who is not invested in this topic like *Redacted Poster* is, this thread (at least the original post and most others after) serves to show how dominant USC has been.

To someone who remains detached from reality, I guess it could be seen as an attempt to prop UW up as a distant second but I, like Grandpa Sankey, don't see it.

I quit responding to the *Redacted Poster* when he tried to suggest that Miami (in its heyday) would have (maybe, could have) sold out the big house 3 times over.

I am still waiting for him to show me where pineapples flourish in western Washington.

*****(perhaps, *Redacted Poster* just doesn't register sarcasm. Example is Race's single sentence response).

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    EwaDawg said:

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

This entire thread is another attempt to entrench Washington as the real #2. It's embarrassing and effeminate.

This is precisely why everyone would likely be better off not responding to *Redacted Poster*.

He starts with an absolute bullshit lie (or just a 100 percent non-truth) and it goes down hill from there.

To anyone who is not invested in this topic like *Redacted Poster* is, this thread (at least the original post and most others after) serves to show how dominant USC has been.

To someone who remains detached from reality, I guess it could be seen as an attempt to prop UW up as a distant second but I, like Grandpa Sankey, don't see it.

I quit responding to the *Redacted Poster* when he tried to suggest that Miami (in its heyday) would have (maybe, could have) sold out the big house 3 times over.

I am still waiting for him to show me where pineapples flourish in western Washington.

*****(perhaps, *Redacted Poster* just doesn't register sarcasm. Example is Race's single sentence response).

As if anyone ever believed you don't read my posts.

I don't dislike you because we disagree, or because you dislike me. I dislike you because you commit the hubris of combining two things that should never be combined: you're basically stupid and you're incredibly arrogant.

Like the time you thought I was being literal when saying that night game crowds in the Orange Bowl against marquee match ups could fill the big house ten X over. You actually thought that was a literal statement, and you were a giant dickhead about it.

This is another example of you being you.
    edited September 2019

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

You want to be on par?

Please. Continue. This sounds compelling.

Here's the bottom line: USC is far and away the best program in the conference over time. Everybody knows that, and even your children will be dead before anyone unseats them.

So what's left to do? Win now and care about now. And give no shits about whether, and to what extent, the top dawg, respects you as the chosen #2. Like it or not, it is a conversation in which the Washington fanbase, a group I know very well, has historically liked to indulge.

The reason for that, I suspect, is found in what I wrote a few months back about the UW fanbase. It is a group of people who, generally speaking, feel eternally slighted. Stuck up here in a part of the country largely ignored over the years until recently, with a football program that it feels has never received its due recognition. It wants to be a blue blood so that they can achieve that long overdue recognition.

But alas it is not a blue blood so it wants the approval of one.

I would love to put lipstick on this pig for you Yella, but I can't. Every group has its flaws. This is one of Washington's. Own it my brother.

I suspect that had the success of the early 90s been extended further, and there had been a real dynasty, Washington's fan base would have an entirely different self-image, and they could have weened themselves from the ridiculous fascination with garnering USC's approval as the real conference #2. But that's not what happened.

Winners want to be #1. Not #2.

Simple. Let it be simple, and don't listen to the dumb pineapple who doesn't even understand why I call him a pineapple, much less discern the difference between exaggeration and hyperbole, likely due the language barrier. #sniffmeansclose

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

You want to be on par?

Yeah. Why not. It's been done before. We won more games than any school in the Pac from 1980- 89. Then we did it again from 1990- 99. Why not 2020- 29?

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

You want to be on par?

Yeah. Why not. It's been done before. We won more games than any school in the Pac from 1980- 89. Then we did it again from 1990- 99. Why not 2020- 29?
    Sure, why not.

I'm just responding to the "USC really respecks us!" challenge. I hold in my view on that point. I know of no other program or fan base, in any conference, who does that with as much glee as Washington's. If I were a USC fan, and I am not, I would really like you? guys too.

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

You want to be on par?

Here's the bottom line: USC is far and away the best program in the conference over time. Everybody knows that, and even your children will be dead before anyone unseats them.

So what's left to do? Win now and care about now. And give no shits about whether, and to what extent, the top dawg, respects you as the chosen #2. Like it or not, it is a conversation in which the Washington fanbase, a group I know very well, has historically liked to indulge.

The reason for that, I suspect, is found in what I wrote a few months back about the UW fanbase. It is a group of people who, generally speaking, feel eternally slighted. Stuck up here in a part of the country largely ignored over the years until recently, with a football program that it feels has never received its due recognition. It wants to be a blue blood so that they can achieve that long overdue recognition.

I would love to put lipstick on this pig for you Yella, but I can't. Every group has its flaws. This is one of Washington's. Own it my brother.

I suspect that had the success of the early 90s been extended further, and there had been a real dynasty, Washington's fan base would have an entirely different self-image, and they could have weened themselves from the ridiculous fascination with garnering USC's approval as the real conference #2. But that's not what happened.

Simple. Let it be simple, and don't listen to the dumb pineapple who doesn't even understand why I call him a pineapple, much less discern the difference between exaggeration and hyperbole, likely due the language barrier. #sniffmeansclose
    But how did we feel in the early 90s? You were there man and I wasn't. Was anyone even worrying about being best second place at that point? Perhaps so much of our inferiority complex comes from being cut down when we were just getting started. When I was a HS kid in So Cal in the early 90s I was talking shit like crazy and acting like the Top Dawg. Alas, we're still not back and USC can just hire the right guy and be back in 2 seasons tops.

Guess I will just have to be content at being the Alabama of Rowboat with my 19 national titles in the past 96 years.

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

You want to be on par?

But how did we feel in the early 90s? You were there man and I wasn't. Was anyone even worrying about being best second place at that point? Perhaps so much of our inferiority complex comes from being cut down when we were just getting started. When I was a HS kid in So Cal in the early 90s I was talking shit like crazy and acting like the Top Dawg. Alas, we're still not back and USC can just hire the right guy and be back in 2 seasons tops.

Guess I will just have to be content at being the Alabama of Rowboat with my 19 national titles in the past 96 years.
    No, that's fair. Back then, especially after "all I saw was purple," we? knew we? had supplanted So Cal as the center of the West Coast universe for cfb, and we? had. We had the players to show for it. Good players like Beano were defecting LA to come here to play.

I guess my point is that, sure, USC has its advantages and they are not possible to erase. But, still, you can not give a shit and say 'fuck those guys'. For most of my time, Washington fans have fawned over USC's respect. Even when they're shitty, it's always been "it's still SC man." No. Shit is shit.

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

You want to be on par?

No, that's fair. Back then, especially after "all I saw was purple," we? knew we? had supplanted So Cal as the center of the West Coast universe for cfb, and we? had. We had the players to show for it. Good players like Beano were defecting LA to come here to play.

I guess my point is that, sure, USC has its advantages and they are not possible to erase. But, still, you can not give a shit and say 'fuck those guys'. For most of my time, Washington fans have fawned over USC's respect. Even when they're shitty, it's always been "it's still SC man." No. Shit is shit.
    We can't all grow up in the Caribbean being fans of the greatest non blue blood, DGAF program of all time.
    This is true.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    EwaDawg said:

UCLA is 32-49 - USC 60%

UW is 29-51 - USC 63%

Beavs with 9

WSU with 10

Arizona 8

@StrongArmCobra