Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You have a high school QB!

I never heard this story before. On the Husky Honks, Hugh said Johnny Patron as well as the USC players were yelling at the Husky players and crowd "You have a high school QB" during the 2016 game. Of course being the mentally soft scrub he is, Brownsocks responded by shitting the bed over and over again.

Can someone post the Browning gifs from that game?

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    That was the shit talking during the game??

That doesnt sound remotely close to true
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

Browning was never the same after his shoulder got busted.

He also never actually worked out or try to not habe a high school body. I really never understood that. If you have a weak arm, spend the offseason taking roids and lifting. Tebow was lifting more than his fucking line

No one worked harder in the gym than Browning...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

He also never actually worked out or try to not habe a high school body. I really never understood that. If you have a weak arm, spend the offseason taking roids and lifting. Tebow was lifting more than his fucking line

I don’t think lifting is that important for a QB, but Browning looked like he never touched a weight.
    HuskyJW said:

That was the shit talking during the game??

That doesnt sound remotely close to true

I doubt it’s true. It’s incredibly corny if it is.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

alumni94 said:

“I didn’t have a weak arm because of a lack of will,” he said. “I was always looking to make my arm stronger. Come work out with me sometime — I will destroy you.”

Is that really an actual quote?
    Yes.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

“I didn’t have a weak arm because of a lack of will,” he said. “I was always looking to make my arm stronger. Come work out with me sometime — I will destroy you.”

Yes.
    Unreal. Browning couldnt bench 225 if his life depended on it. Probably couldnt squat or deadlift it either.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t think lifting is that important for a QB, but Browning looked like he never touched a weight.
    Disagree. I think QBs should go hard in the weight room, especially for lower body strength. There is no disadvantage to having a strong QB.

Sam Ehlinger ran over fucking Georgia last year.

You just got to make sure to go light and safe on shoulder and tricep stuff
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000

alumni94 said:

From a Seattle Times article back in April about his "improved draft stock". (Seems like that statement would have carried more weight if he was actually, you know, drafted. But whatevs)

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/how-a-baseball-bat-helped-former-husky-jake-browning-improve-his-nfl-draft-stock/?amp=1

Disagree. I think QBs should go hard in the weight room, especially for lower body strength. There is no disadvantage to having a strong QB.

That’s a duel threat QB. How much weightlifting you really think Brady and Aaron Rodgers are doing? It’s not the same as other positions.

That’s a duel threat QB. How much weightlifting you really think Brady and Aaron Rodgers are doing? It’s not the same as other positions.
    Brady and Rodgers are so cerebral that it doesnt matter for them, youre right.

When you arent GOAT tier there is no downside to being strong and being able to run for some tough yards