Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The OTHER thing standing in the way of Urban and USC...

2»

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,175

tbh im wondering with all the drama at SC, would their new pres (and eventual new AD) want to bring in urb (yes, he wins, i get it) and that 'he allowed a wifebeater on staff' drama.

irregardless, its a mute point, theyre gonna fuck up this hire.

As I said they'll settle for Whittingham, Shaw, Harsin or Del Rio.
    They'll fuck it up by not having the money to hire Urbs.
    Whittingham will realize he cant win in Utah after going 7-5 again.
    Shaws reign is over.
    Harsin could be an ok hire if he can recroot.
    Del Rio would crawl on his hands and knees for the job
    you (and i) forgot one. trooj needs someone who can be consistent, no more of this up and down shit, and a trooj alum:

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

tbh im wondering with all the drama at SC, would their new pres (and eventual new AD) want to bring in urb (yes, he wins, i get it) and that 'he allowed a wifebeater on staff' drama.

irregardless, its a mute point, theyre gonna fuck up this hire.

As I said they'll settle for Whittingham, Shaw, Harsin or Del Rio.
    They'll fuck it up by not having the money to hire Urbs.
    Whittingham will realize he cant win in Utah after going 7-5 again.
    Shaws reign is over.
    Harsin could be an ok hire if he can recroot.
    Del Rio would crawl on his hands and knees for the job
    you (and i) forgot one. trooj needs someone who can be consistent, no more of this up and down shit, and a trooj alum:

Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2019
    Gladstone said:

I don't want Urbs going to USC but would love to see him at ND or even Oklahoma. I remember post-Rose Bowl overhearing a couple tOSU fans saying they expert him to be their next AD and that he's not returning to coaching ever again. I want him to return just so I can know tOSU fans are in agony.
    Lol. He’s 100% returning to coaching. He’s already saying he misses it. He’ll be back. It got a little too hot at Ohio State and he moved on like he always does after a few years.
    Yep. Also he knows he could get into all time GOAT territory if he becomes the first coach to ever win a national title at three different schools. Imagine if his swansong was resurrecting Notre Dame back to greatness. At that point you can make an argument he's the greatest ever without getting laughed at. He also took Utah -- who previously defined what small-time and irrelevant meant -- to an undefeated season and won their BCS game by a billion. He also took a Bowling Green team coming off a 5-19 run and immediately had them winning double digit games. Just unreal and unparalleled success at every level of CFB.

He's not a Chip type who would ever go full retirement loser mode. He's a killer and would be out for blood. I really hope he doesn't go to USC.
    I’ll probably regret it, but I want him at USC. It would be so cool to play them in the PAC 12 championship for a playoff berth in a game that the whole country cared about.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

I don't want Urbs going to USC but would love to see him at ND or even Oklahoma. I remember post-Rose Bowl overhearing a couple tOSU fans saying they expert him to be their next AD and that he's not returning to coaching ever again. I want him to return just so I can know tOSU fans are in agony.
    Lol. He’s 100% returning to coaching. He’s already saying he misses it. He’ll be back. It got a little too hot at Ohio State and he moved on like he always does after a few years.
    Yep. Also he knows he could get into all time GOAT territory if he becomes the first coach to ever win a national title at three different schools. Imagine if his swansong was resurrecting Notre Dame back to greatness. At that point you can make an argument he's the greatest ever without getting laughed at. He also took Utah -- who previously defined what small-time and irrelevant meant -- to an undefeated season and won their BCS game by a billion. He also took a Bowling Green team coming off a 5-19 run and immediately had them winning double digit games. Just unreal and unparalleled success at every level of CFB.

He's not a Chip type who would ever go full retirement loser mode. He's a killer and would be out for blood. I really hope he doesn't go to USC.
    I’ll probably regret it, but I want him at USC. It would be so cool to play them in the PAC 12 championship for a playoff berth in a game that the whole country cared about.