Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rewatch the final drive against USC in 2009

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
edited September 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhTjtK2EcWc

Locker's greatest moment. I cried in the stands as it happened. I would have bet the world that Sark was going to be our next elite coach. Kearse made tons of huge catches for us, also had the game winner on a 3rd and long @ WSU in 2010 that kept the Holiday Bowl dream (lol) alive.

(Sark ended up being decidedly mediocre + this USC team would lose 4 games and get obliterated by Stanford and Oregon and play in the Fight Hunger Bowl + Locker never looked this great again etc)

Still though, what a memory and moment. Only 2000 Miami and 2016 Stanford were more memorable for me as stadium experiences in-person go. I wasn't around to really see the 90s national title winning/contending teams.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhTjtK2EcWc

Locker's greatest moment. I cried in the stands as it happened. I would have bet the world that Sark was going to be our next elite coach. Kearse made tons of huge catches for us, also had the game winner on a 3rd and long @ WSU in 2010 that kept the Holiday Bowl dream (lol) alive.

(Sark ended up being decidedly mediocre + this USC team would lose 4 games and get obliterated by USC and Oregon and play in the Fight Hunger Bowl + Locker never looked this great again etc)

Still though, what a memory and moment. Only 2000 Miami and 2016 Stanford were more memorable for me as stadium experiences in-person go. I wasn't around to really see the 90s national title winning/contending teams.

I watch it like once a month. I missed Miami in 2000. @puppylove_sugarsteel beloved Lambo assured us that all the home games when I was in school sucked.

This game was easily my most cathartic moment in Husky Stadium. It's only topped in Yella lore by smoking weed and talking shit with @RaceBannon in the Animal House RV at Autzen.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,722
    Incredible feeling to that game. Had just pushed LSU two weeks prior so Sark was looking statue ready.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam
    The beginning of the end of Sark for me. Why the fuck do you call the timeout to kick a FG with 7 seconds left. Was dead to me from there on.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Kearse was a legit clutch WR, Polk is still my favorite RB post Willingham program death and locker was good when he wasn’t being retarded.

If Pete had just those three players these past couple of years the teams would have been so much more competent on offense
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Then Sark, thinking he had it all figured out, went on a 2 week bender
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Houhusky said:

Kearse was a legit clutch WR, Polk is still my favorite RB post Willingham program death and locker was good when he wasn’t being retarded.

If Pete had just those three players these past couple of years the teams would have been so much more competent on offense

Kearse was good, but he did drop a lot of passes. Locker would have been an upgrade over Browning for sure. Polk and Gaskin would have been a hell of a combo.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Wow. Has it really been 10 years since we dooged it up over an overhyped QB?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Doogles said:

I can't quit Locker. Elite throws that drive.

Locker is like crack to all doogs
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,722
    Skinning grew up admiring Jake Locker. Case closed.
  • ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    Gwad said:
    Holly shit that is an awesome video. I knew the story, but had never heard the audio to go with it. TYFYS!