Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The only thing standing in the way of Urban and USC

2»

Comments

• gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336
    haie said:

chuck said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Urban is NEVER going to USC. There is a higher chance of him coming to Oregon. Phil Knight, or some shit.

In the span of years that duck fans remember, Oregon has mined a brilliant coach from bumfuck nowhere (Chip), promoted a nice guy-nobody from within (Helf), hired a snakeoil selling slickster, and promoted a position coach because the players signed a petition. They didn't break the bank for any of these guys, obviously since none of them were sought after candidates, and the current guy ranks 8th in the league in terms of salary.

I've seen two statements from you like this one. I havent responded because I wasnt sure if you were serious. You're not, right? Oregon hasn't done one thing to indicate they'll open up the checkbook to pay a top tier salary for a football coach

It's all part of the ruse.

They need all the poor people in Oregon to keep buying ducks swag as if they're the Seahawks and the superbowl is just a season away.

They know they got lucky with Chip and that the Phil money is going away eventually. They just want to be a solid program to keep up a fraction of the swag revenues and potentially beat Washington. Hence quook nation shitting themselves over a 4th in the North season in which they beat Washington, the conference champs. Their entire program is geared towards seasons like that. Not the seasons that Chip and Mariota delivered.

It's funny how the sins of the higher ups at Washington are laid bare for everyone here but none of the poor quooks will acknowledge what Oregon is actually doing.
    IIRC, PK has set up Oregon for many years after he dies. Some Commitment to Excellence " Fund or something like that.

Dooks help here?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

chuck said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Urban is NEVER going to USC. There is a higher chance of him coming to Oregon. Phil Knight, or some shit.

In the span of years that duck fans remember, Oregon has mined a brilliant coach from bumfuck nowhere (Chip), promoted a nice guy-nobody from within (Helf), hired a snakeoil selling slickster, and promoted a position coach because the players signed a petition. They didn't break the bank for any of these guys, obviously since none of them were sought after candidates, and the current guy ranks 8th in the league in terms of salary.

I've seen two statements from you like this one. I havent responded because I wasnt sure if you were serious. You're not, right? Oregon hasn't done one thing to indicate they'll open up the checkbook to pay a top tier salary for a football coach

It's all part of the ruse.

They need all the poor people in Oregon to keep buying ducks swag as if they're the Seahawks and the superbowl is just a season away.

They know they got lucky with Chip and that the Phil money is going away eventually. They just want to be a solid program to keep up a fraction of the swag revenues and potentially beat Washington. Hence quook nation shitting themselves over a 4th in the North season in which they beat Washington, the conference champs. Their entire program is geared towards seasons like that. Not the seasons that Chip and Mariota delivered.

It's funny how the sins of the higher ups at Washington are laid bare for everyone here but none of the poor quooks will acknowledge what Oregon is actually doing.
    IIRC, PK has set up Oregon for many years after he dies. Some Commitment to Excellence " Fund or something like that.

Dooks help here?
    Mark Helfrich. Willie Tag. Mario Christo.

The endowment is so that Oregon doesn't become beavlet again.

Even @Mosster47 knows this.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Oregon will living for next 100 years off Knight billions. We just need more time to buy our titles.