Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The only thing standing in the way of Urban and USC

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

And now this Dawgman, circa 2007, like poast from an SC guy that knows a whale who's in tight with USC's president.

Looks like the only thing standing between SC and Urban, now, is Hardcore Husky's approval

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club
    So if Clay wins the rest of his games they will fire him?

Staff!! True??
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    According to his "sources" nothing lol.

We can only hope.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Bring on Urban's bitch ass. We'll send your flakey back into retirement in 5 years
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Helton is way better coach that Ty. I know helton>ty post of the day
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Staff!! True??

Lol if the Trojans finish strong and fire Helton, replacing him with Urban who decides hes over the 20 hour days, TBS , and becomes Chip Kelly. The Trojans return to mediocrity. Urban quits and it comes out later he violated NCAA regulations. The NCAA drops the hammer. SC gets hit with recruiting sanctions again. The school shutters the football program and Larry Scott replaces SC with BYU

Shocking. It could happen.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Urban is NEVER going to USC. There is a higher chance of him coming to Oregon. Phil Knight, or some shit.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2019
    Baseman said:

Staff!! True??

Lol if the Trojans finish strong and fire Helton, replacing him with Urban who decides hes over the 20 hour days, TBS , and becomes Chip Kelly. The Trojans return to mediocrity. Urban quits and it comes out later he violated NCAA regulations. The NCAA drops the hammer. SC gets hit with recruiting sanctions again. The school shutters the football program and Larry Scott replaces SC with BYU

Shocking. It could happen.
    Urban would get USC rolling, then they would revert to being very good, and Urban would bounce after 4-5 years.

The only drawback with Urban is sustained success because it’s all about winning and that gets stressful. That’s the only difference between Saban and Urban. I think peak Urban might be a better coach.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,161

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Urban is NEVER going to USC. There is a higher chance of him coming to Oregon. Phil Knight, or some shit.

this is a terrible take...even for you.

phil really pulled out the checkbook for christoballin didnt he?
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    USC has the sexual assault liability to the tune of hundreds of millions and the admissions scandal still out there. As much as the alumni want Urban, I just don’t think they can swing it. They have huge, institutional issues.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

USC has the sexual assault liability to the tune of hundreds of millions and the admissions scandal still out there. As much as the alumni want Urban, I just don’t think they can swing it. They have huge, institutional issues.

People forget that. The football dumpster fire is way down the list of shitty things at SC. Embarrassing as they be, Clay is keeping his guys out trouble.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

AEB said:

People forget that. The football dumpster fire is way down the list of shitty things at SC. Embarrassing as they be, Clay is keeping his guys out trouble.
    Just wait until shit talking teenagers on Call of Duty gate breaks.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    AEB said:

that's kind of my view too...add in all that gynecology trouble, the basketball program, admissions scandal and then add in the Sark drinking thing and Urb's history at pretty much everywhere he has coached and you really realize that there are only about 2-3 coaches that they can possibly go with....Coach Pete being one of those names.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

In the span of years that duck fans remember, Oregon has mined a brilliant coach from bumfuck nowhere (Chip), promoted a nice guy-nobody from within (Helf), hired a snakeoil selling slickster, and promoted a position coach because the players signed a petition. They didn't break the bank for any of these guys, obviously since none of them were sought after candidates, and the current guy ranks 8th in the league in terms of salary.

I've seen two statements from you like this one. I havent responded because I wasnt sure if you were serious. You're not, right? Oregon hasn't done one thing to indicate they'll open up the checkbook to pay a top tier salary for a football coach

It's all part of the ruse.

They need all the poor people in Oregon to keep buying ducks swag as if they're the Seahawks and the superbowl is just a season away.

They know they got lucky with Chip and that the Phil money is going away eventually. They just want to be a solid program to keep up a fraction of the swag revenues and potentially beat Washington. Hence quook nation shitting themselves over a 4th in the North season in which they beat Washington, the conference champs. Their entire program is geared towards seasons like that. Not the seasons that Chip and Mariota delivered.

It's funny how the sins of the higher ups at Washington are laid bare for everyone here but none of the poor quooks will acknowledge what Oregon is actually doing.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited September 2019
    Urbs is biding his time to go Boomer once Riley leaves for the NFL in ‘20.

After He produces 3 Heisman winners in a row and doesn’t sniff a Natty, the draw will be too strong.

Also, My guy in Poulsbo says PC is getting burnt out in Seattle and will hang up his juicy fruit boxes soon.

However as always, It’s just what I’m hearing, so go ahead and twist.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    salemcoog said:

Urbs is biding his time to go Boomer once Riley leaves for the NFL in ‘20.

After He produces 3 Heisman winners in a row and doesn’t sniff a Natty, the draw will be too strong.

Also, My guy in Poulsbo says PC is getting burnt out in Seattle and will hang up his juicy fruit boxes soon.

However as always, It’s just what I’m hearing, so go ahead and twist.

His window is in the next 4-5 years. If he does not get it done then, he not going to do it