Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Think Petersen can get Sankey to stay?

I mean he steamrolled him twice, there has to be motivation to get him back.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Why would Sankey stay? He has a family to feed, and rumor has it running backs can only take so many hits.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    No, let him go.

We need OL
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He shouldn't try to get him to stay. Hate to sound like a pussy but the players' best interests are what should matter most to the head coach. It's probably in Sankey's best interest to go make his nest egg right now while his earning potential is at its max.

There are guys in place who can carry the load.
  • Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    Sankey has done enough for UW. Sankey is gone....as he should be.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

If Sankey wants to return for whatever reason, you obviously welcome him back with some blow and a hooker. I would say Petersen's main job is to win games. The stuff about a RB's stock is bullshit, although their is truth to saying they only get so many carries and have a short shelf life. Polk did not drop in the draft because of shoulder concerns. He didn't drop because he came back. He dropped because he was flabby at the combine, was known for not working hard, and had off the field issues.

It's not about their stock dropping. It's that once you hit as a running back you are what you are. Sankey could work on his speed and that could help him but he could do that between now and the combine and get the same results. Another year in college won't make him a better player and it won't improve his stock. Therefore he should go.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    yeah, i love me some sankey, but Petersen needs to let him decide what he wants to do. The only reason I'd see Sankey stay is if he thinks were making a run at a championship, which I just dont see happening
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    He's gone.

As he should be.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    brchco12 said:

yeah, i love me some sankey, but Petersen needs to let him decide what he wants to do. The only reason I'd see Sankey stay is if he thinks were making a run at a championship, which I just dont see happening

Yep, im sure Pete will be shooting for the hungry bowl or sun bowl. You fucking retard, CP has 16-18 returnting starters. He'll be shooting for the rose bowl, and for good reason. Anothef doog...door ass out bitch!

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No.. Sankey is well spoken and needs to take care of his family.

Btw,...he's to small to be a starting RB in the NFL. cook it.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

brchco12 said:

Yep, im sure Pete will be shooting for the hungry bowl or sun bowl. You fucking retard, CP has 16-18 returnting starters. He'll be shooting for the rose bowl, and for good reason. Anothef doog...door ass out bitch!

He said he doesn't see Sankey thinking we're making a run at a championship.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He should stay. I apply want REAL dawgs who BLEED purple. Like Jake.

You people saying he should go are the equivalent of the Ts and Ps crowd. You want people to think you have perspective and shit. Fuck that. I want UW to win. The have the best chance with sankey.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sankey has done enough for UW. Sankey is gone....as he should be.

Yes, every player should go out with a Hunger Bowl ring.... What has he "done for the UW"? He did what he was hired to do. Now is the time to take it to the next level.