Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Something I need to remind myself of when assessing our young secondary...

BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
edited September 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Sidney Jones, Kevin King and Budda Baker were basically shit as freshman. Then they became fringe first round draft picks... So I need to lower my expectations... hard to have that mindset when we have the best QB we've had in ages tho.

Pretty much every big play by Vernon Adams in this game was on Sidney, KK and a bad angle by Budda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOkcb4W6Qqw

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

2021 will be special?

*2056 when I get my kids in there!!
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    FirePete said:

2021 will be special?

I don't think this defense is ready to put up the performance we're hoping for... Next year it's going to be a lot better and I hope Eason sticks around to see it.

It just feels like really bad timing... here's to hoping Sirmon isn't total shit.
    Eason is not staying dude. Get it out your head. He is a 1 year rental, unfortunately we do not have any receivers to make run with him. Still will be good year, but not special that it should have been
    I know he's not... wishful thinking and that's why I mentioned Sirmon and really bad timing.

This D just isn't ready to take us where we could possibly go with Eason in there. Bums me out.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

2021 will be special?

I don't think this defense is ready to put up the performance we're hoping for... Next year it's going to be a lot better and I hope Eason sticks around to see it.

It just feels like really bad timing... here's to hoping Sirmon isn't total shit.

Brown Sox really fucked us laying an egg his Jr and Sr. years with the D's we had.
    So now the D lays an egg while Eason plays?

So exactly what year will be special? I’ve lost track.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

2021 will be special?

Brown Sox really fucked us laying an egg his Jr and Sr. years with the D's we had.

2050 maybe. Honestly it was on the offense, dragging a leg would have helped. Defense did not give up that many points, but they could not get a stop when they needed to

2021 will be special?

I think the D will be solid next year going forward... but right now, it feels like we're wasting a special talent at QB with a young defense that isn't going to take us where we can possibly go.

It's bad timing... you'd like to have at least 2 years of Eason while the D develops so in 2020 we're ready to compete for another CFP... but this year it's a pipe dream and next year Sirmon will have never played a real snap when he gets under center. It's not lining up well.
    edited September 2019

2021 will be special?

I think the D will be solid next year going forward... but right now, it feels like we're wasting a special talent at QB with a young defense that isn't going to take us where we can possibly go.

It's bad timing... you'd like to have at least 2 years of Eason while the D develops so in 2020 we're ready to compete for another CFP... but this year it's a pipe dream and next year Sirmon will have never played a real snap when he gets under center. It's not lining up well.
    So no year will be special?
    Didn't say that... it's reliant on Sirmon. Which I'm weary of.

If he's great... I say 2 years from now we'll be back in the discussion for the CFP.

Right now we're just super young in areas that are going to hurt us and it's a shame that we're not going to get the full potential out of this team w/ Eason as the QB.
    We just need BackThePack Jr under center and then we’ll finally have a trult speeshul season!

This year is gonna be special you pussies. We caught lightning in a bottle. Cal was 2 weeks ago. Move the fuck on.

Hope ur right. I was hoping I'd seen more out of some guys on this D so far that I haven't. There's always time to improve and I hope it comes quickly
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Would love to have Feeny and Littleton on this team though
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

2021 will be special?

This isn't your grandfather's WASHINGTON
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter

I'd take BBK

I'd take BBK

I'd take BBK
    I’d take Budda/Rapp and Littleton playing ILB.