Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We're coming to your town

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Helton has won a Rose Bowl and popped off.

Doogs on here forget that.

Sam Darnold won a RB and popped off.

Couldn’t win the conference or go to the playoff though because Helton picked the wrong QB out of the gate.

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited September 2019
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Will an SC win Saturday save Heltons job?
    edited September 2019

I think he’s a bad coach, but he’s not THAT bad. He’s a Sark level coach. A little better when you consider the Rose Bowl win.
    I don't think he's better than Sark. Yeah he won a RB which Sark never did but he also went 5-7 with USC talent which Sark never did. Generational QB's sometimes win stuff for shit coaches. See Marcus Mariota/Mark Helfrich.

And Country Legend is a much worse recruiterer than Seven.

Given the choice between handing UW over to either of them I'd hire Sark and then kill myself.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,683 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Baseman said:

I support SC extending Helton. Trojan fans can't grasp the damage Kiffin and Sark did, which is true. If SC wins on Saturday and cobbles together 9+ wins, Helton may actually get more time to get his guys in there.

Urban is not the slam dunk replacement for Helton many think he is. After a string of scandals; Pete's sanctions, the Kiffin/Sark shit show, the MeToo movement and Urban's checkered off the field past, he'll be a tough sell for a school with $215 million+ of liability for alleged sexual abuse.

He's not a tough sell for an aging billionaire who wants to buy a title though...
    Yeah, but he would have to live in Oregon.

LA > white trash flyover country
    LA is the ugliest sprawl of concrete in the country.
    Weather, women, beaches. I love LA. I might move back someday.

Also, I take it you’ve never been to NYC or basically any shithole out east.
    Have you visited LA in the last 5 years? Tents and public defecation are all the rage now. I'll take SD over LA any day.
    edited September 2019
    dnc said:

I think he’s a bad coach, but he’s not THAT bad. He’s a Sark level coach. A little better when you consider the Rose Bowl win.
    I don't think he's better than Sark. Yeah he won a RB which Sark never did but he also went 5-7 with USC talent which Sark never did. Generational QB's sometimes win stuff for shit coaches. See Marcus Mariota/Mark Helfrich.

Given the choice between handing UW over to either of them I'd hire Sark and then kill myself.
    Disagree. Sark's Fight the Fuck On outburst destabilized the program and weakened SC's recruiting. They still signed talent but lost their monopoly on the best players on the west coast.

More on this here: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/63370/the-only-thing-standing-in-the-way-of-urban-and-usc#latest
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Baseman said:

I support SC extending Helton. Trojan fans can't grasp the damage Kiffin and Sark did, which is true. If SC wins on Saturday and cobbles together 9+ wins, Helton may actually get more time to get his guys in there.

Urban is not the slam dunk replacement for Helton many think he is. After a string of scandals; Pete's sanctions, the Kiffin/Sark shit show, the MeToo movement and Urban's checkered off the field past, he'll be a tough sell for a school with $215 million+ of liability for alleged sexual abuse.

He's not a tough sell for an aging billionaire who wants to buy a title though...

Have you visited LA in the last 5 years? Tents and public defecation are all the rage now. I'll take SD over LA any day.
    That’s true of many major cities. At least the LA homeless are smart enough to be homeless in sunny weather. Besides, you shouldn’t be living in LA proper anyways.

But some people are into being defecated on. So there’s that.

Agree on San Diego, but I’ve always felt that way. Except you have to compete for pussy with a bunch of marines and navy seals. And Sea World. Fuck that place. Magic Mountain and Disneyland are superior.
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

Disagree. Sark's Fight the Fuck On outburst destabilized the program and weakened SC's recruiting. They still signed talent but lost their monopoly on the best players on the west coast.

More on this here: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/63370/the-only-thing-standing-in-the-way-of-urban-and-usc#latest
    A halfway decent recruiter would have bounced back from that rather easily.

Helton isn't that.

Baseman said:

I like to point out the times I was right
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Imagine being chucked by sailors.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Baseman said:

You lying fuck J

you've never liked women
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Imagine being chucked by sailors.

*cucked