Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Keith Taylor is taking too much shit

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

No amount of shit is too much when you deflect a would be interception off your hands in the end zone to the opposition for a TD. Come the fuck on.

Giving him shit over it is fine. It’s a major fuckup that thankfully happened in a game where it didn’t matter.

Giving up on him or thinking it says much about the player he is and is going to he is dumb.
    Again, it's not an isolated incident. As noted above, he also dropped a pick last season in the end zone vs Cal (one of the 2 games he started last year) we? lose by 2. Did that matter? He has 0 interceptions for his career. One of his 1st snaps in college he got burnt for a TD vs Rutgers. He's gotten burned often. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see how he turns into a lock down CB. Hope he proves me wrong.
    Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

He's had some bad plays - three that you've noted here. He's not perfect.

He's been good far more often than not.

For additional context, UW's two NFL drafted Corners:

And what's more:

• DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    I mostly agree...Keith Taylor is taking 2 much shit.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

No amount of shit is too much when you deflect a would be interception off your hands in the end zone to the opposition for a TD. Come the fuck on.

Giving him shit over it is fine. It’s a major fuckup that thankfully happened in a game where it didn’t matter.

Giving up on him or thinking it says much about the player he is and is going to he is dumb.
    Again, it's not an isolated incident. As noted above, he also dropped a pick last season in the end zone vs Cal (one of the 2 games he started last year) we? lose by 2. Did that matter? He has 0 interceptions for his career. One of his 1st snaps in college he got burnt for a TD vs Rutgers. He's gotten burned often. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see how he turns into a lock down CB. Hope he proves me wrong.

He grades out good, but I never seen him make a play. Most of the time we talk about him when he fucks up
    Taylor's lack of plays resulted from opposing offenses moving away from his side of the field for Murphy's, as last season progressed. That speaks volumes and Murphy did not suck.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Baseman said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

He grades out good, but I never seen him make a play. Most of the time we talk about him when he fucks up
    Taylor's lack of plays resulted from opposing offenses moving away from his side of the field for Murphy's, as last season progressed. That speaks volumes and Murphy did not suck.
    Ok understand that, but he was involved in plays where we got scored on multiple ties this year. His tackling has not been the best.

I just haven’t seen that level of play that I saw from Buddha or Murphy where I was like “omg how he do that??!!!”
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FirePete said:

Baseman said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

Ok understand that, but he was involved in plays where we got scored on multiple ties this year. His tackling has not been the best.

I just haven’t seen that level of play that I saw from Buddha or Murphy where I was like “omg how he do that??!!!”
    This tim last year a big portion of this bored was down on Murphy.

People forget that.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

FirePete said:

Baseman said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

People forget that.
    Lots of talk of Murphy being soft last year that unfortunately cost a young mormon man his life
    Seven Mormon women will never find a husband now.
    edited September 2019
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

Baseman said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

People forget that.
    Murphy did not have problem tackling. Idk, for the hype that was being talked about him I thought he would be just beasting dudes
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

FirePete said:

Baseman said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

People forget that.
    Lots of talk of Murphy being soft last year that unfortunately cost a young mormon man his life
    POTD
    edited September 2019
    FirePete said:

Baseman said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/63338/hot-takes/p1
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2019
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

Baseman said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

People forget that.
    Passes do get completed sometimes. We pretty much give up short passes on early downs because of our scheme.
    edited September 2019

dnc said:

FirePete said:

Baseman said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

People forget that.
    Passes do get completed sometimes. We pretty much give up short passes on early downs because of our scheme.
    This!

I'm more troubled with KT's early play at corner than his recent showing at Dime. Clearly he has struggled so far this year. I hope he gets it together for himself and the team. Pumping DBs into the NFL after three years in the program helps recruiting.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470

dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

For additional context, UW's two NFL drafted Corners:

And what's more:

Why do you hate interceptions?

Taylor is where Bryant was after Stanford 17. Fresh in everyone's mind giving up completion after completion

I'm sure his metrics are great and he really didn't give them up and actually played at an All American level but all I have is these eyes. He has talent

McKinny looked the same in the Rose Bowl. Is he still around?

I see him on special team, but have not seen him on field as safety.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,522 Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Taylor is where Bryant was after Stanford 17. Fresh in everyone's mind giving up completion after completion

I'm sure his metrics are great and he really didn't give them up and actually played at an All American level but all I have is these eyes. He has talent

McKinny looked the same in the Rose Bowl. Is he still around?

I see him on special team, but have not seen him on field as safety.
    McKinney has played plenty at safety as a backup this season.