Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Pete knows his weakness

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-coach-chris-petersen-on-game-players-offensive-wrinkles-high-grass-and-thin-air/

“I think the trick in this whole thing is to not do too much,” Petersen said. “That is something that’s a weakness of mine, where we’re always trying to air on the side of doing too much and that’s not a good thing. I go back to some of these teams that are really efficient, that do what they do. There’s enough (offense) there to keep (opponents) off balance."

Ok, Pete. So I am not expecting you to simply it to the point that Spiker can get on the field, but at least make it so we(?) can see more of Puka and less (or preferably no) opera singer.

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Proof is in the pudding. Dude has to show some growth by adjusting his scheme. Let’s see it. Bynum, Puca and Osborne in that order need to see the field.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The NYBE is for Pete. Quit telling me what I want to here and fuck off.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

*err

It’s not Err Raid

Geezus.
    Oh, it is. Just look at the last 5 Apple Cup games.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    doesn't mean he'll actually do anything to change it.

Would love to be wrong
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    Listen kids. Puka is way better as a RECEIVER, than the current guys. Which is incredibly helpful on passing plays. But on approx 50% of plays he won’t be catching shit, because we actually have a run game. In that case knowledge of the system, prevents illegal formations and other mental penalties. So let’s all relax a tid bit and allow young guys to slowly get on the field. Remember the Luciano false start? I wonder how much that had to do with athleticism and talent, vs being young and inexperienced?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Listen kids. Puka is way better as a RECEIVER, than the current guys. Which is incredibly helpful on passing plays. But on approx 50% of plays he won’t be catching shit, because we actually have a run game. In that case knowledge of the system, prevents illegal formations and other mental penalties. So let’s all relax a tid bit and allow young guys to slowly get on the field. Remember the Luciano false start? I wonder how much that had to do with athleticism and talent, vs being young and inexperienced?

He was a defensive player that was recently converted to TE. And he sucks. And he was lined up in the goal line in an obvious run play. And he sucks.

So kinda different.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Could it be that Luciano simply fucked up on that play? I know we have to link the mistake to recruiting, but mistakes do sometimes happen, even by experienced players.

I remember Dissly false starting twice on the opening drive of the 2016 Apple Cup.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019

Luciano, a player nobody ever put stock in, fucked up, so we should hold off on starting Puka to avoid the same fate? What kind of dipshit logic is that? Not to mention Fuller and Opera are mediocre run blockers at best. No idea how Puka is in that department, but given his demeanor and size I expect him to become pretty fucking good at it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Could it be that Luciano simply fucked up on that play? I know we have to link the mistake to recruiting, but mistakes do sometimes happen, even by experienced players.

I remember Dissly false starting twice on the opening drive of the 2016 Apple Cup.
    Open drive is different than red zone. This means poor focus and poor coaching on paopao.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FirePete said:

Open drive is different than red zone. This means poor focus and poor coaching on paopao.
    Luciano shouldnt be a TE period