Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Well, fuck

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
I was thrilled when USC hired Sark because I was pretty confident that Woodward would fuck up the coaching search, and you'd end up with another Dudebrah or some other nonentity who would be pretty unlikely to turn the ship around.

Now I feel like roles are reversed. We're the ones with the multimillion-dollar intern, and you have a proven winner at head coach. Helfrich is going to get next year, and I'm hopeful (but not optimisitic - note the difference there) that he can fix the things that went wrong in 2013. Meanwhile, I find myself hoping (but not optimistic) that Pete will turn out to be another Dan Hawkins.

Not sure that Woodward deserves to lose the "pool boy" moniker just yet, but this was by all appearances a slam-dunk hire.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,142 Founders Club
    Also see Harv's tweets
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    For the first time in at least a decade we have a better coach than you.

I was beginning to doubt this would happen in my lifetime.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    One of my friends is close with Thomas Tyner who said everybody hates Helfrich. Just sayin.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Frankly, the "insider" information (as I'm learning, complete bullshit) has been that Pete would only leave Boise for the Oregon job, and that we kind of had him in reserve as insurance in case Helf doesn't pan out. Well, you fucked us there too, if that is the case.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,667 Standard Supporter
    I guess from a Duck perspective you want Wilcox to get the BSU gig and then be available to step in at Oregon 2-3 years from now if Helfrich keeps shitting the bed.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    AZDuck said:

Frankly, the "insider" information (as I'm learning, complete bullshit) has been that Pete would only leave Boise for the Oregon job, and that we kind of had him in reserve as insurance in case Helf doesn't pan out. Well, you fucked us there too, if that is the case.

Gotta strike while the iron is hot. This could be your Mora - off by a year and never to happen.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,840 Swaye's Wigwam
    If I were a Duck, I would have figured Petersen was probably not going to be head coach there when they promoted Helfrich. Last year seems like it would have been the year.
    A lot of people wanted Pete last year, but the Quook faithful told us that the AD knew what it was doing.
    Like all of you, I'm not sold on Wilcox as HC. I would take him as DC yesterday.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    AZDuck said:

I was thrilled when USC hired Sark because I was pretty confident that Woodward would fuck up the coaching search, and you'd end up with another Dudebrah or some other nonentity who would be pretty unlikely to turn the ship around.

Now I feel like roles are reversed. We're the ones with the multimillion-dollar intern, and you have a proven winner at head coach. Helfrich is going to get next year, and I'm hopeful (but not optimisitic - note the difference there) that he can fix the things that went wrong in 2013. Meanwhile, I find myself hoping (but not optimistic) that Pete will turn out to be another Dan Hawkins.

Not sure that Woodward deserves to lose the "pool boy" moniker just yet, but this was by all appearances a slam-dunk hire.

I can see through your backhanded (or should I say back-wing-ed) congratulations. The lack of optimism in your hope that Petersen turns out to be just another Dan Hawkins is clearly a lame attempt at reverse duck logic. After owning Willingham and Sarkisian for ten straight, the only question will be how the ducks under your current coach-in-training can prepare for the second coming of the duckkiller. The original duckkiller dominated Oregon for 15 wins in his 18 years as the Dawgfather. The fowl carnage won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

Nothing backhanded in the slightest. UW got a coach that half the programs in the conference wanted, but could not attract. I'm worried - Pete is already 2-0 against Bellotti and Kelly, who were better coaches than Helfrich.