Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Max Borghi

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Borghi is insanely good and underused in that offense. He is about 100 times better than Ahmed and he is better than Newton. Im sure doogs will be quick to disagree.

He’s killing it with his limited carries. 7.3 yards per carry. He’s really good and I agree that he’s probably better than any of our RB’s, but not by much. They are all good to very good players.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Borghi is insanely good and underused in that offense. He is about 100 times better than Ahmed and he is better than Newton. Im sure doogs will be quick to disagree.

But would he be better in our? offense as an every down back instead of the occasional misdirection run or hb pass? Serious question. Ahmed would be a fucking beast on that Coug team. But je would still have a limited sample size. Im not saying Borghi isnt really good because he is but I think he gets inflated value because he doesnt have to shoulder the load of a regular rb and the Coug offense does well when they mix in the run because they are so pass heavy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

But would he be better in our? offense as an every down back instead of the occasional misdirection run or hb pass? Serious question. Ahmed would be a fucking beast on that Coug team. But je would still have a limited sample size. Im not saying Borghi isnt really good because he is but I think he gets inflated value because he doesnt have to shoulder the load of a regular rb and the Coug offense does well when they mix in the run because they are so pass heavy.
    That does make it a tough comparison. Borghi trucked Hufunga from USC last year. He’s not tiny (he’s 200 pounds) and he has some power. He’s a capable every down back in college football.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,795
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Borghi runs harder through contact than both Ahmed and Newton. If he weighed as much as Newton he would never get tackled. Ive only seen him leave the field once due to getting dinged up - when he got the wind knocked out of him vs Oregon
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

Borghi runs harder through contact than both Ahmed and Newton. If he weighed as much as Newton he would never get tackled. Ive only seen him leave the field once due to getting dinged up - when he got the wind knocked out of him vs Oregon

Never?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,126
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peterman said:

Can’t remember Borghi doing shit in the Apple Cup, remember salvon tearing their asshole apart tho

YKW
  • Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Would be the best player on UWs roster. He is like an Ahmed that actually embraces contact

My thoughts exactly. I watched the replay and thought to myself. The only reason we thought our teams were any good is because the cougs were actually pretty good and we stomped them. That just meant we were a B+ team at best outside of 2016 when we were still a B++ team.

Next thoughts were Borghi, legit back. Really really good and clutch. Also that why the fuck do the cougs always find Jag wide receivers that can catch and can get yac. I'm tired of the highlight of the season being the Ms. apple cup princess winners. Pete sucks until we can get a meaningful win that is not the cougs. Oh I forget that It's ok because I heard he is a pretty good coach that he will adjust and maybe in a couple of years we might have a special season.

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

He's not insanely good, stop it.

He's good. I'm in on him being better than any of our backs. But his underutilization is exactly the reason he's so effective. If they gave him 20 carries a game he's not going for 6 yards a pop let alone over 7.

He's not going to be anything special at the next level when he plays in a normal offense.
    He is like 75% as good as McCaffrey, I think he definitely has the potential to be at least as good as a Burkhead, who is solid

Yea I know white RBs lazy comparisons, gym rat, banging coaches twin daughters, etc.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

He's good. I'm in on him being better than any of our backs. But his underutilization is exactly the reason he's so effective. If they gave him 20 carries a game he's not going for 6 yards a pop let alone over 7.

He's not going to be anything special at the next level when he plays in a normal offense.
    I’m not sure about that. There is no way to really know. Agree that he’s not going to average 7 with 20 carries. That’s All American status.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

@BearsWiin ? True?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2019

dnc said:

He is like 75% as good as McCaffrey, I think he definitely has the potential to be at least as good as a Burkhead, who is solid

Yea I know white RBs lazy comparisons, gym rat, banging coaches twin daughters, etc.
    I loved McCaffrey and thought he deserved the Heisman despite the shit he took from plenty of people here for not showing up on the road. His NFL success is no surprise to me.

Borghi isn't McCaffrey.

Burkhead is the definition of nothing special. I'm fine with that comp.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

@BearsWiin ? True?

who?.gif
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dnc said:

Borghi for Heisman!!!!

If they give him the ball more this year in the AC they will win
    How many years have you been expecting Leach to beat Pete now? Just give up man.
    That PGOS is a closet Cuog is well documented
    Closet Cuog! Is the worst kind of cewg.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

FirePete said:

Peterman said:

Can’t remember Borghi doing shit in the Apple Cup, remember salvon tearing their asshole apart tho

Thats due to playcalling and Leach refusing to adjust at all
    He was also a true freshman. I don’t know why some here have a hard time admitting a player on the Cougs is good. If Borghi was a 4 star, they would have no problem with it. The TBS shit has become a disease.
    sounds fucking stupid, but he is like smaller mccaffrey. He has very nice wiggle. I thought he sucked commin out of HS becasue he was white (I know I know) but he looked very good last year, has better hands than salvon already.
    How are his hips?
    Stiff white guy hips. No wiggle.
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Borghi for Heisman!!!!

If they give him the ball more this year in the AC they will win
    How many years have you been expecting Leach to beat Pete now? Just give up man.
    That PGOS is a closet Cuog is well documented
    Closet Cuog! Is the worst kind of cewg.
    Ive always been transparent I root for WSU when they arent playing UW. Im the patronizing UW fan coogs hate!
  • Options

Well, he wouldn't go down the second someone caressed his calves with a tender touch the way the terrorist does. So there's that.

@backthepack