Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    And, they put a guy from horse racing in charge to clean up the mess.

Think about it. Put some clown from one of the most dishonest industries on earth in charge of an industry to get people fucked up.

What could possibly go wrong?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Blu82 said:

And, they put a guy from horse racing in charge to clean up the mess.

Think about it. Put some clown from one of the most dishonest industries on earth in charge of an industry to get people fucked up.

What could possibly go wrong?

I told you guys this is a fucked up industry. In Canada, it's all the shady fucks from the old Vancouver Stock Exchange running their scams on investors. And in Toronto, specifically, there's organized crime roots intermingled in the business.

In about 3 years, it's going to be fine. The big players (pharma, beverage, tobacco) will come in and run it like a business. There's likely going to be some further delineation between the CBD side (which will be a race to the bottom as a commodity/packaged good) vs. the recreational/medicinal THC side of cannabis.

It takes a while to get the early adopter/stoners out and work through the kinks of the system.

• Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

One of my two Dads used to say "the government could lose money running a whorehouse." He used to say that.

The gov did lose money after taking over operations of a whore house in Nevada.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Blu82 said:

Swaye said:

One of my two Dads used to say "the government could lose money running a whorehouse." He used to say that.

The gov did lose money after taking over operations of a whore house in Nevada.
    Looks like Dad was right. Always trust old people. They are wise.