Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Planting a trillion trees could be the "most effective solution" to climate change, study says

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    How does planting trees benefit left wing politicians that have their fortunes vested in alternative energy?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In the USA we plant over 45% more trees than we harvest
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Gwad said:

Ok it has been declared that Race can go copy paste an article and call himself a man of science. Welcome to the new age!!!

What is it that you do then?
    The same except declarations of science and having the 'facts'. I'm not THAT ignorant.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Ok it has been declared that Race can go copy paste an article and call himself a man of science. Welcome to the new age!!!

The same except declarations of science and having the 'facts'. I'm not THAT ignorant.
    No, this is exactly what makes you ignorant
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Except on climate change. Where the science is settled and you have the facts

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Lol you guys were citing a lawyer that claims himself a scientist. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

No, this is exactly what makes you ignorant
    I guess it takes one to know one.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    I'm just glad we've been adding enough CO2 to the environment to feed all the new trees...
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Lol you guys were citing a lawyer that claims himself a scientist. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    And yet you still contradicted yourself

You need to do better

You do indeed declare that science is settled and you have the facts on climate change

When I presented scientific facts on reforestation in America you got butthurt because you wanted to blame Trump

Keep working on that troll game. You'll get it someday
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    I have hundreds of trees. Catch up you sniveling lib!

Peasy for no volcanos because of one farts is more bad gases than we've ever produced. HTH

I'm just glad we've been adding enough CO2 to the environment to feed all the new trees...

Well from what I've seen were at a net negative. So I guess you mean to feed the trees that get us back in to the green.... no pun intended.

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

You need to do better

You do indeed declare that science is settled and you have the facts on climate change

When I presented scientific facts on reforestation in America you got butthurt because you wanted to blame Trump

Wow lots of conjecture it seems you are emotionally compromised. I'm always down to meet up in real life and have a real mediated debate.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Go tell it to the chicoms, Brazilians and the Indians. Seems like a them problem. Maybe we could get them to sign a piece of paper and pinky swear.

https://mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/stories/more-trees-than-there-were-100-years-ago-its-true

In the United States, which contains 8 percent of the world's forests, there are more trees than there were 100 years ago. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), "Forest growth nationally has exceeded harvest since the 1940s. By 1997, forest growth exceeded harvest by 42 percent and the volume of forest growth was 380 percent greater than it had been in 1920." The greatest gains have been seen on the East Coast (with average volumes of wood per acre almost doubling since the '50s) which was the area most heavily logged by European settlers beginning in the 1600s, soon after their arrival.

This is great news for those who care about the environment because trees store CO2, produce oxygen — which is necessary for all life on Earth — remove toxins from the air, and create habitat for animals, insects and more basic forms of life. Well-managed forest plantations like those overseen by the Forest Stewardship Council also furnish us with wood, a renewable material that can be used for building, furniture, paper products and more, and all of which are biodegradable at the end of their lifecycle.

Sounds like the USA is the planets lungs.
    8% anyways
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

You need to do better

Wow lots of conjecture it seems you are emotionally compromised. I'm always down to meet up in real life and have a real mediated debate.
    At 7-11?

Fucktard.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658

https://mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/stories/more-trees-than-there-were-100-years-ago-its-true

In the United States, which contains 8 percent of the world's forests, there are more trees than there were 100 years ago. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), "Forest growth nationally has exceeded harvest since the 1940s. By 1997, forest growth exceeded harvest by 42 percent and the volume of forest growth was 380 percent greater than it had been in 1920." The greatest gains have been seen on the East Coast (with average volumes of wood per acre almost doubling since the '50s) which was the area most heavily logged by European settlers beginning in the 1600s, soon after their arrival.

This is great news for those who care about the environment because trees store CO2, produce oxygen — which is necessary for all life on Earth — remove toxins from the air, and create habitat for animals, insects and more basic forms of life. Well-managed forest plantations like those overseen by the Forest Stewardship Council also furnish us with wood, a renewable material that can be used for building, furniture, paper products and more, and all of which are biodegradable at the end of their lifecycle.

Sounds like the USA is the planets lungs.
    The USA is the planet's cajones.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

You need to do better

You really suck at this

Not as bad as Owen12 but then who does

Do better

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

You need to do better

You really suck at this

Not as bad as Owen12 but then who does

Do better
    Ya thats why you're doing it on a college football forum.