Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Entertaining to see all the progressives on the Hill argue for more freedom and against nanny state regulations.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I love vaping. Has been a great refuge for me after cocaine.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,151
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tell me about vaping

Is it a safe way to inject the poison of nicotine into oneself? At least on the lungs?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tell me about vaping

Is it a safe way to inject the poison of nicotine into oneself? At least on the lungs?

Hasn't killed me yet. If I stop posting in the next year don't try it. Things went poorly.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2019
    It goes to show you how big money lobbyists move the needle. Anybody that doesn't think tobacco companies aren't behind this crackdown is crazy. Don't get me wrong, e-cigarettes are extremely bad for you, as they have been linked to numerous cases of chemically induced pneumonia. However, people should have the right to be stupid and kill themselves with them, as long as they know the risks.
  • Options
    Founders Club

It goes to show you how big money lobbyists move the needle. Anybody that doesn't think tobacco companies aren't behind this crackdown is crazy.

This. I am under no illusions that vaping is some super safe thing, but it is a fuckload safer than cigarettes. Can;t have safer alternatives. Everyone must die while paying us money. - RJ Reynolds
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I've actually wondered why the big tobacco companies don't just buy up all the big vaping brands? Boatloads of money to be made and it's somewhat safer than cancer sticks. And still sort of unregulated. But they are fuckign that up as we speak.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Swaye said:

It goes to show you how big money lobbyists move the needle. Anybody that doesn't think tobacco companies aren't behind this crackdown is crazy.

This. I am under no illusions that vaping is some super safe thing, but it is a fuckload safer than cigarettes. Can;t have safer alternatives. Everyone must die while paying us money. - RJ Reynolds
    I think both are extremely bad. e-cigarettes will kill the first hand user faster than regular tobacco, but e-cigarettes I believe may be safer when it comes to second hand smoke. Either way, both should be legal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    By the way we really did get candy cigs in our Christmas stockings

Edit to say they were actual Winston and Salem packs
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I've actually wondered why the big tobacco companies don't just buy up all the big vaping brands? Boatloads of money to be made and it's somewhat safer than cancer sticks. And still sort of unregulated. But they are fuckign that up as we speak.

Big Tobacco is going to be Big Weed

Might as well add Vape
  • Options

By the way we really did get candy cigs in our Christmas stockings

Edit to say they were actual Winston and Salem packs

I did too. Those things were the balls when I was a kid.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I think both are extremely bad. e-cigarettes will kill the first hand user faster than regular tobacco, but e-cigarettes I believe may be safer when it comes to second hand smoke. Either way, both should be legal.
    The reading I did on it a year ago indicated vaping was much safer than traditional smokes. I'd be interested to see any real studies that contradict that. I mostly want to die now, but not from vaping.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775

Swaye said:

Big Tobacco is going to be Big Weed

Might as well add Vape
    Gonna be between Big Tobacco and Big Pharma and Big Beverage/Packaged Goods companies.

Recreational weed isn't where the money is going to be at. That's a relatively well defined market. It's the crazy upside of clinically tested MJ and/or CBD.

Big battle going on right now. Ban on CBD edibles in Washington State just announced - requires approval from gubmint agency before it can be sold in stores. Grocery stores have to pull off their shelves until further notice.

Stay tuned.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

The reading I did on it a year ago indicated vaping was much safer than traditional smokes. I'd be interested to see any real studies that contradict that. I mostly want to die now, but not from vaping.
    It isn't linked to the same long term issues, but mainly because they haven't been around long enough. However, the chemically induced pneumonia is a newer phenomena that is happening, and it is being tied to vaping. However, it looks like these issues have come from people using a product with THC. So that might be an issue. It's really so new right now, there are a lot more questions than answers.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-siegel-vaping-related-deaths-epidemic
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

It isn't linked to the same long term issues, but mainly because they haven't been around long enough. However, the chemically induced pneumonia is a newer phenomena that is happening, and it is being tied to vaping. However, it looks like these issues have come from people using a product with THC. So that might be an issue. It's really so new right now, there are a lot more questions than answers.

Yeah American Heart Association and American Cancer Society actually listed them as safer alternatives to cigarettes a couple years ago. We know how glacially slow they move, and how high the bar is for them to admit that. So I figured fuck it must be better than sticks. Not great for you, but better. But then all the kids starting doing it and gateway blah blah blah and then the stick companies got pissed that everyone was leaving sticks and here we are....banned soon.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Yeah American Heart Association and American Cancer Society actually listed them as safer alternatives to cigarettes a couple years ago. We know how glacially slow they move, and how high the bar is for them to admit that. So I figured fuck it must be better than sticks. Not great for you, but better. But then all the kids starting doing it and gateway blah blah blah and then the stick companies got pissed that everyone was leaving sticks and here we are....banned soon.
    Oh yeah, for sure. This shit has nothing about health concerns. If health concerns were an issue, all forms of tobacco and alcohol would be banned. This is all about money, and politicians have too much vested interest in the tobacco industry to see it crumble.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Swaye said:

Imagine thinking second hand smoke kills thousands each year..... It’s mostly bullshit.
    I don't think second hand smoke is as bad as what gets publicized, but it does complicate issues for people with pre-existing crap like asthma. I grew up in a house full of smokers, and my lungs are in better shape than most. And it's a fact because I had them tested after the bacterial pneumonia I got last year.