Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Winning! Trump-shaped 9th Circuit hands White House major win on asylum policy

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
“The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals -- long a liberal bastion that has been aggressively reshaped into a more moderate court by the Trump administration -- handed the president a major win late Monday, lifting a nationwide injunction on his asylum policy.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/9th-circuit-hands-trump-major-win-on-asylum-policy

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,806
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Now the 9th Circuit needs to deal with the bullshit bum problem they've created, allowing indigents to shit on sidewalks and engage in criminal activities in most major cities in the West.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,697
    The 9th circus has been a pox on the western. United States!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Sledog said:

IRL, the Throbber was called to be a special 'witness' on an investigation a couple years back. Spent a couple days in a secluded bunker with some state police/FBI kind of guys clueing them in on some bad guys.

During the course of the meeting, the cop-guy asked if I would call the perps and talk through a few 'issues'. Of course, being from out west, I said, "Sure, they're bad guys, no problem. But where I"m from, it's two party consent to record/listen in on phone calls. And the 9th circuit is pretty well death on eavesdropping of private calls."

They guy just laughed.

"You're not out West. And we don't give a fuck about the 9th Circuit Court. You're in the 8th now, son."

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

IRL, the Throbber was called to be a special 'witness' on an investigation a couple years back. Spent a couple days in a secluded bunker with some state police/FBI kind of guys clueing them in on some bad guys.

During the course of the meeting, the cop-guy asked if I would call the perps and talk through a few 'issues'. Of course, being from out west, I said, "Sure, they're bad guys, no problem. But where I"m from, it's two party consent to record/listen in on phone calls. And the 9th circuit is pretty well death on eavesdropping of private calls."

They guy just laughed.

"You're not out West. And we don't give a fuck about the 9th Circuit Court. You're in the 8th now, son."

Sex trafficking?
  • Options

Sledog said:

They guy just laughed.

Sex trafficking?
    Yeah....you know me....downtown with a discount.

Nah. Much more white collary shady shit.

• Options

Sledog said:

They guy just laughed.

I've worked quite a few "wire" cases. Almost exclusively federal cases because of the costs involved.

Everyone on the LE/DA side called it the "9th Circus".
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

They guy just laughed.

I've worked quite a few "wire" cases. Almost exclusively federal cases because of the costs involved.

The Throbber IRL isn't the sharpest bidness guy. Close but not Gordon Gekko like.

The two things you do NOT fuck around with are the SEC and any wires need to be squeeky clean. The FBI will fuck you up on wire fraud if nothing else. The SEC have a bottomless arsenal of attorneys.

Which is why these are handy:

• Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

They guy just laughed.

The Throbber IRL isn't the sharpest bidness guy. Close but not Gordon Gekko like.

The two things you do NOT fuck around with are the SEC and any wires need to be squeeky clean. The FBI will fuck you up on wire fraud if nothing else. The SEC have a bottomless arsenal of attorneys.

Which is why these are handy:

That's why they hire accountants and attorneys!