Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Class of 2020 decommitments thread

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

I really hope no one here thinks the Ethan Gabbars commitment will stick. He’s an idiot if he comes here sandwiched between Morris and Huard. He can blow up a Cal. He’s ranked pretty high on ESPN

Because all recruits pan out and never get hurt. Garbers has every reason to come here.
    Yep...look at USC where they are now at the 3rd/4th stringer starting (and looking better than Daniels ever did) and now at Stanford where they've worked through Abbott Costello, Davis (not David) Mills, down to some old cowboy actor (Jack West) and even he's likely going to be passed over by anyone who walks on (assuming someone can qualify for their intellectual brutality requirements).

At worst Garbers can be a model teammate who then qualifies for Pete's nepotistic coaching tree.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I think Ethan is pretty good
  • Options
    Smalls, Jalen, and other it is not too early to decommit
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,023
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    How have the guys reacted on the Twitter?
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,023
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I saw Sa'Vell and Hatchett remain solid but I did see that Esteen was at USC this weekend. I hope the coaches let him...
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I saw Sa'Vell and Hatchett remain solid but I did see that Esteen was at USC this weekend. I hope the coaches let him...

If SC makes a good coaching hire, Esteen and Jackson might both flip there.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

This is why USC struggling down the stretch could actually hurt the northwest schools.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Possible but if Meyer was hired at USC, they are putting the full court press on the best available players in the country. National recruiting from his ties in the Midwest and Florida. I think they will be going after bigger names than Esteen and Jackson.
  • Options

Possible but if Meyer was hired at USC, they are putting the full court press on the best available players in the country. National recruiting from his ties in the Midwest and Florida. I think they will be going after bigger names than Esteen and Jackson.
    It depends on the time table. He would probably go after them for a couple of reasons.

1) The current class is very small, and will need capable bodies to fill it

2) It's a lot easier to flip high end three star guys than four and five star guys.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It depends on the time table. He would probably go after them for a couple of reasons.

2) It's a lot easier to flip high end three star guys than four and five star guys.
    Why? Is there evidence that three star kids flip more frequently? Honestly, anecdotally I would think the opposite. Four and five star guys seem much more likely to flip. Obviously part of that is they are more heavily pursued, but I also think the mentality of kids who have been stars most of their young lives makes them more susceptible to the next great pitch.

And Urban's a master of that pitch.

Not saying he couldn't flip Esteen and Smith if he were at SC, don't twist. Just saying I do think he could flip more heavily pursued guys.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Why? Is there evidence that three star kids flip more frequently? Honestly, anecdotally I would think the opposite. Four and five star guys seem much more likely to flip. Obviously part of that is they are more heavily pursued, but I also think the mentality of kids who have been stars most of their young lives makes them more susceptible to the next great pitch.

Not saying he couldn't flip Esteen and Smith if he were at SC, don't twist. Just saying I do think he could flip more heavily pursued guys.
    I'm thinking many of these kids don't have as many offers as the others.
  • Options

dnc said:

I'm thinking many of these kids don't have as many offers as the others.
    Well yeah.

"Obviously part of that is they are more heavily pursued"
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,002
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019
    Sounds like Washington is not a cool place to go if you’re not winning 10 games a year. Better nut up and close out the season well.
  • Options

Right now I expect Makell Esteen to be the next decommit. Jimmy has some work to do

Yikes
  • Options

Right now I expect Makell Esteen to be the next decommit. Jimmy has some work to do

Is it because lake is leaving? Or because will harris to busy coaching DB tackling techniques and not recruiting???
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,513

Wow.

It’s possible that a world could exist...