Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Have Pete and Co. evaluated positional talent correctly?

BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
edited September 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
We all knew that our wideouts have been a total liability the last 2 seasons. Last night, the clowns we keep marching out there proved yet again how inferior they are talent wise and how they're going to hold this offense back going forward.

Aaron Fuller and Andre Baccellia have never been breakout wideouts against a defense with a pulse. They're a liability.

I find myself questioning why we haven't seen Austin Osborne, Marquis Spiker or Puka Nacua get a chance at all thus far. They run 6'3 200, 6'2 200, 6'2 200... Fuller, Baccellia and Chico run 5'11 190, 5'10 175, 5'8 180...

What kind of an offense runs 3 starting wideouts that are glorified slot receivers/skatbacks? We have a 6'6 QB throwing to midgets who couldn't win a contested ball if they tried. Not even mentioning the drops cause they can't handle the heat Eason puts on the ball. An offense should literally have 1 WR under 6'0 on the field at a time and purely for slot play.

As far as I'm concerned, Chico is the only player who fits his actual role out there. Fuller and Baccellia have no business even running routes anymore. They've proven time and again they can't hack it and frankly I'm tired of watching it.

The next few games I'm begging for Pete to finally give our bigger/highly anticipated wideouts a fucking chance to get on the damn field. I don't know about you, but I want to see this passing game take off and the guys we've been trotting out there have been given too many chances to prove that they can't hack it.

^^^ SIT ON THE BENCH BECAUSE THESE TALENTLESS HACKS PLAY:

PLAY THE REAL DAMN TALENT PLEASE.

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Agree 1000%! This next game against Hawaii is a perfect time. Out with the old, in with the new. A change needs to happen
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    The first 7 minutes of Pete's pressure will be very telling. If Softy/someone else in local media has guts to ask him about wide receiver drops what Pete says/doesn't say will be very interesting.

for the staff to know what they have at wr, yet for whatever reason the younger guys still can't get on the field is mind bending.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    Your offensive staff is weak sauce compared to the D staff and Peterman ain't doing shit about it

Currently my issue with the herminator

I feel u