Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Owen Prentice, 2021 4* OL, Seattle (O'Dea), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020
    Woof said:

Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

On the recruiting front compared to his peers across the conference and country, has Huff reached "HE FUCKS" status? I feel like he checks a lot of the FUCKS boxes:

-Does not allow WA-grown #TrenchDawgs from leaving the Greatest State in the Union (PTSD Cozzetto 2012 class, Strausser Throckmorton and Fozzy).

-Recruits and signs out-of-state studs, ie Rosengarten and Myles Mater Dei Mauro.

-Identifies under-the-radar gems, ie Gaard and Wyrsch.

To me, last year was all-fucking time. If he can back up the last few years with keeping the 2022 elite crop home, then he's easily the best recruiter on staff. Operative word here is RECRUITING, not coaching, since Pete's asinine pass-blocking schemes (pulling a guard to pass block a fast-twitch DE?! JFC face palm) made any OL coach look terrible.

I'll take your comments off the air. Much obliged. #RideTheLightning

He's been pretty damn good recruiter since he stepped on campus. He did get his ass handed to him by Oregon a bit this year though. Next year he can pretty much stay home and put together a monster class.
    Think this year will tell us alot in terms of coaching/scheme ability (if the season is played)

Would LOVE Huff just to fuck with whoregon by pushing Kinglsey all the way to the end.

Next years class will be the true test for Huff he is truly "fuck level" status
    I don't think next year will tell us much. He *should* clean up instate next year.

Beyond next year will be the recruiting test.

Regardless I think he's a damn good recruiter.

Hopefully his coaching will match the recruiting.
    Not as sure as you are on his recruiting ability. Might be the PTSD Ive gotten from this year. But even in-state recruits are not layups for this staff. It is agonizing and slow. Wanna see how he does with Connerly and Agbo plus the other three. Not to keep playing the race card but there is only now one scholarship black OL on the roster in Vic Curne with Nick Harris leaving. Want to see if Huff can connect with Connerly and Agbo.
    Where do the 2022 in-state dudes rank as far as needs, % interest in UW, and rank?

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

Only non-in-state offer as of now:

1. Greene (G, Bosco)
    Per my sources, Conerly is all UW.
    Conerly and Agbo both seem very pro-UW on twitter. Iuli and Ioane don't seem to have any lean.
    Twitter handle please? I’m going to go do gods work.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

On the recruiting front compared to his peers across the conference and country, has Huff reached "HE FUCKS" status? I feel like he checks a lot of the FUCKS boxes:

-Does not allow WA-grown #TrenchDawgs from leaving the Greatest State in the Union (PTSD Cozzetto 2012 class, Strausser Throckmorton and Fozzy).

-Recruits and signs out-of-state studs, ie Rosengarten and Myles Mater Dei Mauro.

To me, last year was all-fucking time. If he can back up the last few years with keeping the 2022 elite crop home, then he's easily the best recruiter on staff. Operative word here is RECRUITING, not coaching, since Pete's asinine pass-blocking schemes (pulling a guard to pass block a fast-twitch DE?! JFC face palm) made any OL coach look terrible.

He's been pretty damn good recruiter since he stepped on campus. He did get his ass handed to him by Oregon a bit this year though. Next year he can pretty much stay home and put together a monster class.
    Think this year will tell us alot in terms of coaching/scheme ability (if the season is played)

Would LOVE Huff just to fuck with whoregon by pushing Kinglsey all the way to the end.

I don't think next year will tell us much. He *should* clean up instate next year.

Not as sure as you are on his recruiting ability. Might be the PTSD Ive gotten from this year. But even in-state recruits are not layups for this staff. It is agonizing and slow. Wanna see how he does with Connerly and Agbo plus the other three. Not to keep playing the race card but there is only now one scholarship black OL on the roster in Vic Curne with Nick Harris leaving. Want to see if Huff can connect with Connerly and Agbo.
    Where do the 2022 in-state dudes rank as far as needs, % interest in UW, and rank?

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

1. Greene (G, Bosco)
    Oregon, Washington and USC is his top three. USC was leading earlier in the year but his relationship with there OL coach isn't the greatest.
    @sonics1993 hows connerly's relationship with Huff?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Woof said:

Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

1. Greene (G, Bosco)
    Conerly and Agbo both seem very pro-UW on twitter. Iuli and Ioane don't seem to have any lean.
    Twitter handle please? I’m going to go do gods work.
    Oooh, lower case g! You heathen ...
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

1. Greene (G, Bosco)
    Oregon, Washington and USC is his top three. USC was leading earlier in the year but his relationship with there OL coach isn't the greatest.
    Very strong. He has the best relationship with Mario and Huff which is why I think it comes down to us and Oregon.
    do you feel better about UW's chances with next years in state recruits than this year?
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    This is Conerly? We’re fucked.

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2020

Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

1. Greene (G, Bosco)
    Very strong. He has the best relationship with Mario and Huff which is why I think it comes down to us and Oregon.
    do you feel better about UW's chances with next years in state recruits than this year?
    Got to see how the season goes, if we actually have one. Way to early to speculate about the 2022 class.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,132
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Damn. Bainivalu was smashing guys in that one

Didn’t know you beat me to noticing Bain fucking dudes up. I’m sorry Smoky.
    It's a league game.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Beno4Life said:

Beno4Life said:

Scott Huff fishing in the Sound photo incoming... #RideTheLightningBitches

3 engines = some fucking muscle