Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For Thomas

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,896
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
I posted this last week, but apparently Thomas who feels very strongly about wind, solar and batteries didn’t either read it, understand it or both. It still surprises me that someone who claims to have some education and is posting on a political board about something that appears to be a very important topic has so little actual knowledge about a subject and has absolutely no intellectual curiosity about the subject. But with some really strong feelings they are happy to proclaim conservatives as anti-science. This article clearly indicates we are near the scientific physical limits for efficient wind and solar generation. That the green gaia religionists are happy to ignore the actual environmental and cost impacts including the CO2 impacts of the mining and construction costs to build wind and solar projects and to build inefficient lithium batteries.
So, while the US hasn’t built a new utility scale coal plant in the US since 2015, India has 50,000 megawatts of coal plants under construction. China is frantically building coal plants. Germany and Japan are building coal plants. The US has half the CO2 production of the chicoms and is decreasing its CO2 production. Europe, India and China – all still in the Paris Accords are increasing CO2 production. And yet US leftards feel that we are the problem.
As this article makes clear, if you want are serious about limiting CO2 production without destroying the US economy by trying to pretend that there is a serious physics problem with 100% renewables, then you would need to support building nukes and expanding LNG production and shipping it to Europe and Asia. But, leftards aren’t serious. So, Thomas – read the damn article and at least try to understand it. I promise you won’t burn in a green gaia hell.
https://www.manhattan-institute.org-green-energy-revolution-near-impossible

Comments