Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Republicans will weep

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Already calling it for 2020? I don’t know man...depends who he’s up against. If people get out and vote he’s toast.

It's almost like you said this all before, back in 2016, before licking your wounds for the following 2.5 years.

Hope springs eternal.
    What part of lowest turnout since 1994 did you fail to comprehend? If people turn out in more typical numbers, I think he will lose. I don’t know if they will. Probably depends a great deal on who gets the D nomination.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Look, I won’t interrupt the Trump circle jerk, but if you think he’s more popular than before, wow.

I actually didn't say that. I said that whether he is or not isn't the determining factor and used Obama as an example

Dig deeper
    Fine...2016 had the lowest turnout since 94. A lotta people weren’t engaged, assumed Hillary would win, or didn’t like her.

Say what you want about Trump, but he’s got a LOT of people engaged now. It’s a lot easier to get people to vote against him now that he’s been in the news all day every day for 3+ years than when he was a political outsider.
    My counter is that people are more likely to vote for someone than against. The hate was real starting in 2015 up to the election that he had no shot to win

You have no reasonable alternative at this point. And @dnc isn't going to give you one

On the other hand a fair number of folks stayed home instead of voting for Trump in 2016

This year they vote according to my anecdotal evidence
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

Look, I won’t interrupt the Trump circle jerk, but if you think he’s more popular than before, wow.

I actually didn't say that. I said that whether he is or not isn't the determining factor and used Obama as an example

Dig deeper
    Fine...2016 had the lowest turnout since 94. A lotta people weren’t engaged, assumed Hillary would win, or didn’t like her.

Say what you want about Trump, but he’s got a LOT of people engaged now. It’s a lot easier to get people to vote against him now that he’s been in the news all day every day for 3+ years than when he was a political outsider.
    My counter is that people are more likely to vote for someone than against. The hate was real starting in 2015 up to the election that he had no shot to win

You have no reasonable alternative at this point. And @dnc isn't going to give you one

On the other hand a fair number of folks stayed home instead of voting for Trump in 2016

This year they vote according to my anecdotal evidence
    Which candidate can beat Trump? We can all see the problems with Biden, and these problems aren't getting better between now and the election.

Warren is so far left that Trump will have a field day making her defend her policies, same with Bernie. So who do you think is going to win the nomination?
  • Options
    No clue who gets the nomination. I’m on the Yang Gang for the record. But I recognize he is on the outside looking in still. Trending up though as others are moving down and dropping out, so maybe there’s a chance...
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

No clue who gets the nomination. I’m on the Yang Gang for the record. But I recognize he is on the outside looking in still. Trending up though as others are moving down and dropping out, so maybe there’s a chance...

Yang has no chance of winning the nomination. You're looking at Biden, Warren, or Bernie. Amy K could win it but she isn't getting the nomination either.

Unless Biden has a complete public mental meltdown he'll hold onto a enough support to win a split field. He has the black vote which doesn't help him in Iowa or NH but everything in SC.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Dig deeper

I agree with this.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump alienated a lot of the traditional GOP base with his rhetoric but managed to split the Dem base. This is part of low turnout.

Most of the GOP is solidly on board with his policy work and judge appointments at this point and is also vehemently opposed to the progressives currently threatening to pull ahead in the DNC.

The Dem base is still split. Progressives won't vote Biden or Hillary(2016) and we've yet to see if moderates will vote full on progressive. Imo they won't.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trump alienated a lot of the traditional GOP base with his rhetoric but managed to split the Dem base. This is part of low turnout.

Most of the GOP is solidly on board with his policy work and judge appointments at this point and is also vehemently opposed to the progressives currently threatening to pull ahead in the DNC.

The Dem base is still split. Progressives won't vote Biden or Hillary(2016) and we've yet to see if moderates will vote full on progressive. Imo they won't.

Well I agree with this
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,779

Obstruction doesn't win elections

You guys complain about a dictator while mocking a president for not doing things by himself

You're part of the problem

Be part of the solution

The people will vote him in again NOT vote in another shit leftist Dem candidate

Freshened up for the middle.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Trump pulls even greater electoral numbers this time around.

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKsxPW6i3pM

They won't.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's delivered on judges and taxes and the economy like Bot said

Who cares if he's a giant dick? Look at his opposition and tell me about tone and respect
  • Options

He's delivered on judges and taxes and the economy like Bot said

Who cares if he's a giant dick? Look at his opposition and tell me about tone and respect

AOC does have a fairly mesmerizing rack.

IKW
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2019

Already calling it for 2020? I don’t know man...depends who he’s up against. If people get out and vote he’s toast.

Pretty much calling it

Trump's base will get out and vote and his base has increased because a lot of GOP types who sat out are coming out

We're looking at who he will be up against which is why I am confident

By 2012 Obama was less popular than he was in 2008 but the GOP didn't do shit for 4 years other than whine and complain. Still haven't come up with a healthcare fix by the way. Re elected

Trump has offered DACA deals, wall deals, infrastructure deals you name it. He's a spend and spend democrat.

Missed opportunity IMO spending three years on a phony collusion smear

Price to pay for that too
    I'm voting for him, even though I despise his forced rollout of 5g (no 5g in Palm Beach though!), hate his henchmen (FCC chairman Ajit Pai, Pompeo, and others) and the fact that he hasn't done jack shit about closing the border and reducing immigration. The alternative is much worse. Bashar al Assad >>>>>>>>> ISIS.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2019
  • Options

Pretty much calling it

Trump's base will get out and vote and his base has increased because a lot of GOP types who sat out are coming out

We're looking at who he will be up against which is why I am confident

By 2012 Obama was less popular than he was in 2008 but the GOP didn't do shit for 4 years other than whine and complain. Still haven't come up with a healthcare fix by the way. Re elected

Trump has offered DACA deals, wall deals, infrastructure deals you name it. He's a spend and spend democrat.

Missed opportunity IMO spending three years on a phony collusion smear

Price to pay for that too
    I'm voting for him, even though I despise his 5g policies and the fact that he hasn't done jack shit about closing the border and reducing immigration. The alternative is much worse. Bashar al Assad >>>>>>>>> ISIS.
    Look local first. You already see the winds of discontent growing with all the bullshit kid glove treatment of the criminally homeless, social deviants.

People are tired of getting their shit stolen and having to sidestep feces on the sidewalks. Or stepping over some bum sleeping in a business' doorway. The local progressives are just driving the middle farther to the right. They think they are taking a victory lap because of Trump being a dick regularly - but the fact of the matter is, people react to what's happening right down the street from them, not what some big boobed Minka or mad cow like Rachael rant about daily on TV.

More than borders, more than the economy, more than tariffs....that shit is up close and real to people.

• Options

Dig deeper

Getting people engaged in certain states is what matters. More people voting Dem in NY and California doesn’t mean shit.
    No shit. As always this will be decided by Florida and the Midwest. Which is why he’s bailing out farmers that are suffering under his trade war policies and the environmental destruction to large swaths of farmland that devastated crops in some communities.