Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elton John Salt Lake 9/4

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I've seen Elton John about a half a dozen times so far. Sadly, this is the last. Damn ... what a show!!! The past concerts I've seen he was so so at best. Usually aloof, not connecting with the audience and in a generally pissy mood. I vividly remember about 10 or 15 years ago he started kicking his reverb amps during a little temper tantrum. More often than not, he just put on a very underwhelming concert and sounded shitty on top of that. Very poor sound quality. After this particular concert (kicking the reverb amps concert) I was done with Elton. No more, seen enough.

I never saw him in Vegas, so those shows may have been great, I have no clue and never thought twice about finding out.

I did see him after that with Billy Joel, Face to Face concert. Outstanding, as all Billy Joel concerts are. Figured if he was teaming up with Billy, it would be a great show and it was.

So as far as this show, WOW! I'm sure most of you have husbands, boyfriends and Dads who LOVE Elton John, it's in their DNA. Take them to see the show, or, if you're a fag yourself, do it.

Lots of dudes in the audience wearing this outfit. Salt Lake is one of the gayest cities in 'Merica. Yoose should know this!

The band was incredible. Excellent sound, just amazing. They did a lot of funky, jazzy instrumental stuff playing off of some of his classic hooks, riffs or whatever you want to call it. It came off as improvisation but I'm sure it's all rehearsed.

I purposely inserted the photo of Elton smiling while he was playing. I've never seen him smile at any of the previous shows. You could tell he was having as much fun as the audience. He took the time to thank the fans who bought the tickets, eight tracks, cassettes, CDs and various merch over the years. He made a heartfelt point that he would not be what he is without the fans who supported him. Of course, standing ovation, but surprisingly, be broke out in tears, took off his glasses and wiped his face.

He briefly brought up the great works of his Aides Foundation and the zillions of dollars it's raised and huge steps taken to practically cure aides and HIV. He also brought up that it's nice to gather people together to enjoy music and being happy. He talked about the divisiveness in both the US and the UK, and music should not be a part of it, and his is not!

I only took one wife, tickets were about $135 each.

Comments