Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No pass play went over 40 yds

Last year against lakes defense.

Eastern gets a 64 yard TD on the Dawgs. Without a bunch of drops by the fightin eagles wr's and a 87 yard drive that resulted in a missed FG the defense underwhelmed.

The middle of field wide open all day. Tuli, Tafisi and Latu need more reps.

The eagles got two big licks on Eason and Adams got beat pretty bad a couple times.

Tighten up it up fellas, the Weaver is coming to town tan, ready, and rested after a battle with the mighty UC Davis slugs.

Comments

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Might as well not even play the game.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

Long touchdown was true freshman Cam taking a bad angle and giving HS level effort. I have no doubt he's going to be eating that in practice this week with Jimmy.

That's the type of mistake a freshman makes and that you want to see him learn from against an already beat opponent. I think it gets fixed.

The fact we? have a true frosh starting at safety is kinda the poont.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Long touchdown was true freshman Cam taking a bad angle and giving HS level effort. I have no doubt he's going to be eating that in practice this week with Jimmy.

That's the type of mistake a freshman makes and that you want to see him learn from against an already beat opponent. I think it gets fixed.

That doesn't really concern me. Irvin would probably be the starter if he was healthy during the off-season, but Cam still beat out Mckinney, who is at a minimum a capable starter. He showed close to nothing on Saturday, but I think it's just a matter of time before he flashes.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000

Freshman mistake, and another (redshirt) freshman dropped the easiest pick-6 he'll ever get in his career on the other scoring drive...

There's plenty to fix, but also plenty of reasons (like, 5?) to be optimistic, without getting into excessive levels of doogery.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,437 Swaye's Wigwam

Per what GRG already said, the fact that we have a true freshman starting has more to do with a combination of injuries affecting our depth(Irvin being hindered, Joyner retiring medically) and Cam being the type of Talent you want on the field even if he's going to take some lumps learning. IF you believe the coach speak he's probably a three and done player.

I don't see it as a failing of the DB recruitment or development. It's a combination of bad luck(injuries) and GOOD recruiting. ID'ing talent that you want on the field immediately.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,406
    jecornel said:

Last year against lakes defense.

Eastern gets a 64 yard TD on the Dawgs. Without a bunch of drops by the fightin eagles wr's and a 87 yard drive that resulted in a missed FG the defense underwhelmed.

The middle of field wide open all day. Tuli, Tafisi and Latu need more reps.

The eagles got two big licks on Eason and Adams got beat pretty bad a couple times.

Tighten up it up fellas, the Weaver is coming to town tan, ready, and rested after a battle with the mighty UC Davis slugs.

Davis narrowly lost in the national semi to EWU. Cal and UW had very similar opponents last weekend.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,174
    HHusky said:

Davis narrowly lost in the national semi to EWU. Cal and UW had very similar opponents last weekend.

agree. it was rather close, say, 34-29?