Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

FWT cites dehydration...

Options
ramenduck
ramenduck Member Posts: 734
edited September 2019 in College Football Forum
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27528045/dehydration-possible-factor-fsu-loss

"They need to start hydrating early in the week and take care of their bodies," Taggart said on his call-in show. "We can't leave it up to our players just to do it. We've got to force them to hydrate and take care of themselves. I don't know if we did a good job of that last weekend. One of those situations where you live and learn, and we'll make sure that we help our guys when it comes to that."

Watching Taggart flail away is the only joy I'll get from CFB this week.

Looks like FSU boosters will have to buy him out twice.

Comments

• GDS
    GDS Member Posts: 1,470
    Options
    So he's admitting that he didn't prepare his team as well as the Boise coaches prepared their team...

Duck fans should really be inundating the FSU AD office with thank you cards and fruit baskets to thank them for taking WFT off our hands.
  • ramenduck
    Options
    GDS said:

So he's admitting that he didn't prepare his team as well as the Boise coaches prepared their team...

Duck fans should really be inundating the FSU AD office with thank you cards and fruit baskets to thank them for taking WFT off our hands.

Maybe a late night session where his strength and conditioning coach force feeds the players gallons and gallons of water, even if it sends a few of them to the hospital.
  • UW_Doog_Bot
    UW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,637 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    ramenduck said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27528045/dehydration-possible-factor-fsu-loss

"They need to start hydrating early in the week and take care of their bodies," Taggart said on his call-in show. "We can't leave it up to our players just to do it. We've got to force them to hydrate and take care of themselves. I don't know if we did a good job of that last weekend. One of those situations where you live and learn, and we'll make sure that we help our guys when it comes to that."

So what did Mr. Mustache and Cristo have to say about conditioning and oxygen?
  • FremontTroll
    FremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Options
    GDS said:

But the Ducks had the same problem?
  • ramenduck
    Options

ramenduck said:

I didn't read word one of the UO-Auburn coverage, which is par for the course when my team loses with a gut punch.

Oregon's coaches may have made no excuses or a lot of them, but their resume in that regard can't touch that of the snake oil salesman that is Willie Taggart. That may change, but in the meantime FSU has grossly overpaid for handing a coach who can't coach discipline or make in-game adjustments the keys to their Ferrari.

And it's delicious.
  • ramenduck
    Options

ramenduck said:

ramenduck said:

I didn't read word one of the UO-Auburn coverage, which is par for the course when my team loses with a gut punch.

Oregon's coaches may have made no excuses or a lot of them, but their resume in that regard can't touch that of the snake oil salesman that is Willie Taggart. That may change, but in the meantime FSU has grossly overpaid for handing a coach who can't coach discipline or make in-game adjustments the keys to their Ferrari.

And it's delicious.
    Florida State blew an 18 point lead. 12 point second half lead.

Oregon blew a 15 point second half lead.

Must be some sweet schadenfreude.
    Disappointment about one thing and joy about another are not mutually exclusive. Think on it and let me know when you get it.
  • FremontTroll
    FremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Options
    ramenduck said:

ramenduck said:

ramenduck said:

And it's delicious.
    Florida State blew an 18 point lead. 12 point second half lead.

Oregon blew a 15 point second half lead.

Must be some sweet schadenfreude.
    Disappointment about one thing and joy about another are not mutually exclusive. Think on it and let me know when you get it.
    Not when they are the same thing.
  • 1to392831weretaken
    1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,366 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    Is FSU's AD going to become Oregon's Saint Haden?
  • dnc
    dnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Options

This is a classic move by Taggert. Invent a reason like dehydration, show that he is on top of it, blame the players for not doing it themselves. then vow to fix it this week.

When we say most coaches suck its not hyperbole

Even the best are suspect at times. The rest just suck

Reading that I had Tyrone/Sark flashbacks
    @15mphtreadmill and @PostGameChocolateMilk have no idea what you're talking about.