Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Watching eason and fields Saturday

And then fromm vs vandy, it’s clear Kirby smart can’t evaluate QBs for shit

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    UGA had two generational QB talents on it’s roster and they went with a glorified Aaron Murray

KIRBYFS
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam

UGA had two generational QB talents on it’s roster and they went with a glorified Aaron Murray

KIRBYFS

Yeah ignore the face they lost to Bama on a defensive collapse in the natty.

Fromm has done more than Eason or Fields so far..
    A lot more

Doog thread, doog posters
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

KIRBYFS

A lot more

LIPO. I’ll be vaildate.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam
    uzi said:

Wow... It's been 12 years

Since we overhyped a QB after a win over a weaker opponent.

To be fair to BTP he was 1 years old when that happened. 10 wins in '10 for Locker!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Smart picked Eason first

Then he didn't

Fromm is a game manager. System QB
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

KIRBYFS

A lot more

Not how I saw it. I saw Fromm losing it for them in real time and said so long before the defense let Bama back in. He wasn't making plays and sustaining drives. I guess it would be fair to say ultimately the defense could have bailed him out or held up better, but they were put in a bad situation because Fromm stopped making any plays.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

How does anyone think Eason should have played over Fromm? Fromm came in for Eason, played well, and won every game. He played better than Eason ever had for Georgia.

This isn’t Xbox, Fromm getting yanked for Eason after that would have caused problems.

Fromm played very good in the SEC championship last year. 25-39, 301 yards, 3 TD’s and no picks. You guys are delusional. Fromm is an efficient QB who has won. Bash Kirby Smart for the FS fake punt that basically gave the game to Bama. There’s nothing to complain about regarding Fromm. Fromm is one of the best QB’s in college football.

Well, apparently the guy that watched them every day in fall camp thought Eason should play over Fromm, for one.

Just substitute "Browning" for "Fromm" in your third paragraph and see how that feels. I'm going to be honest, I didn't watch the game. But in college in particular, putting up numbers isn't always the same as being good. Hell, Jalen Hurts just put up numbers that had one CBS guy mocking him in the 1st round! But we've seen for three years now the guy can't throw.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Smart picked Eason first

Then he didn't

Managed em to the championship game. Did more than manga get them last year in the SEC championship. He earned it.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Smart picked Eason first

Then he didn't

Managed em to the championship game. Did more than manga get them last year in the SEC championship. He earned it.
    This is the same thing we kept hearing about how Jake "led" us to two conference titles and a playoff appearance. Bullshit. He played quarterback while the defense allowed the team to rack up those accolades. College football is filled with shitty quarterbacks who get undue credit for the success of their programs.

If Fromm, Fields, and Eason are all starting fresh in camp for an anonymous team, I guarantee you Eason and Fields are getting picked before Fromm.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    edited September 2019

Smart picked Eason first

Then he didn't

This is the same thing we kept hearing about how Jake "led" us to two conference titles and a playoff appearance. Bullshit. He played quarterback while the defense allowed the team to rack up those accolades. College football is filled with shitty quarterbacks who get undue credit for the success of their programs.

If Fromm, Fields, and Eason are all starting fresh in camp for an anonymous team, I guarantee you Eason and Fields are getting picked before Fromm.
    *cough* Hugh Millen *cough*
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Fromm is Justin Herbert. Plays great in the first half most games and then shits the Bed with the money on the line in the 2nd half of big games.

Herbert didn’t beat you last year, their Oline and RBs did. And that’s the only big game He has ever won

Fromm has an SEC Championship because his defense gave up 7 pts and He was never challenged. They’re the same guy.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

Smart picked Eason first

Then he didn't

*cough* Hugh Millen *cough*
    Probably the worst QB ever for an 11-1 team. So bad he got benched for the only loss. Bizarre season that was.

But good enough to win the natty right cuogs and ducks?